Saturday, January 23, 2021

January 22, 2021 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21, Dinner – New Recipe Roasted Bratwursts, Potatoes, Onion, and Apple

 January 22, 2021 Lunch – 2000 Vietnam No. 21,  Dinner – New Recipe  Roasted Bratwursts, Potatoes, Onion, and Apple

I have already noticed a difference today between the Trump and Biden Presidency; today the market was up again for the fourth time in as many days and President Biden did not take credit for it.

In fact, the 5.2% increase in y portfolio’s value in the last 4 days is the most rapid gain that I can remember during the Trump presidency.  Said another way, I hope for a 10% annual gain and my portfolio has achieved over ½ of that in just the first four days of Biden’s Presidency.  I can think of no greater indicator that things are on the right track for an economic recovery and the faith that investors place in this administration. 

Today I finally got busy with legal work.  At 11:00 I finally left the house without breakfast and drove to the bank and then to east Central Ave. to inspect the demolition of a client’s building, after which I drove to 2000 Vietnam to pick up my order of No. 21, that I took home and ate with the addition of about 1 cup of sliced Romaine lettuce and a glass of iced Vietnamese coffee (1/2 cup of coffee mixed with 1 heaping T. of condensed milk in a glass of ice cubes) while also watched Biden introduce his $1.9 Trillion Covid rescue Legislation and the Market close at an all time high for the NASDAQ.and my portfolio.


The remodeled cashier’s stand with shrine and offerings

                                                                        No. 21 

I and the nation can truly say, “This was a week like no other in recent memory”.

I met with my new probate client at 3:30 until 5:00 and we completed the pleadings to initiate the probate, I hope.

Suzette came home shortly thereafter and after she made a salmon schmear appetizer by combining sour cream with PPI poached salmon that she ate with crackers and we had a cocktail, we started dinner.

Dinner – 

 
The roasted squashes 

Dinner after it roasted

Dinner on the plate with the horseradish sauce 

One of the axioms of our style of cooking lately has become try to cook a one dish dinner.  Tonight’s dinner was a good example. We combined cubed Sweet potatoes and creamer potatoes and two bratwurst with a diced peeled Granny Smith Apple and ½ of a yellow onion in a 10 x 13 Pyrex baking dish that Suzette tossed with olive oil,  salt, and pepper and roasted in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. 

We also baked all of our squashes along with dinner. 

I fetched beers from the garage and we made a simple sauce by mixing a heaping T. of prepared horseradish with ½ cup of sour cream.  The dish reminded me of a Russian dish I used to make 50 years ago, baked pork chops, onion, and potato in sour cream.

We watched a movie about and by the fellow with Downs Syndrome and then went to bed  


I awakened at 1:00 and blogged this blog.

Suzette went to Costco today’s dinner bought lamb chops, so tomorrow’s dinner will be lamb chops, PPI roasted potatoes and green beans.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment