Saturday, February 8, 2020

February 8, 2020 Lunch – Lamb and Guacamole Pita Sandwich. Dinner – BBQ Chicken Thighs with Spaghetti Squash and steamed String Beans

February 8, 2020 Lunch – Lamb and Guacamole Pita Sandwich. Dinner – BBQ Chicken Thighs with Spaghetti Squash and steamed String Beans

I spent a relaxing day today.  I watched PL soccer before 8:00 and then again at 11:00.  At 10:00 I ate a bowl of fruit salad, yogurt, and granola.

Suzette came home at 12:30 from cooking Beef Wellington at the restaurant.

We ate a quick lunch.  I heated a pita bread on the gas burner and cut in half and spread guacamole on one side and two slices of roasted lamb on Theo there side to make a sandwich. It was deliciously warm and tender and the guacamole and lamb melted in my mouth.  I liked the pita sides closed rather than open.

We then moved some of Willy’s furniture stored in our garage to his new apartment.

Around 2:00 I went home and napped until3:30 when I was awakened by my divorce client who told me he and his wife appear to have reached a settlement.

I welcomed his good news and then drank a cup of tea and ate the last piece of chocolate mousse cake and dressed in my biking clothes.  Suzette arrived as I was leaving to ride a bit after 4:00.

I rode the short circuit and returned home tired but invigorated.

Suzette suggested we make an easy meal by brushingBBQ sauce on the seven chicken thighs I bought at El Super last Wednesday.

She also said, “While we are roasting the chicken, let’s roast the spaghetti squash as well.”

I snapped the green beans I bought at El Super and after the chicken and spaghetti squash had finished cooking in 45 minutes we steamed the string beans for 10 minutes.

I fetched Mexican beers.  Suzette scraped the strings of spaghetti squash from its husk and seasoned it with butter.

We served ourselves a lovely dinner.










After dinner we watched the great food movie, “A Journey of 100 Steps.”

We then watched the end of Death in Paradise and went to bed at 10:00.

My doctor told me I need to lower my cholesterol, so I am starting to eat more simply with less fat.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment