Wednesday, February 5, 2020

February 5, 2020 Lunch – East Ocean. Dinner – Cajun BBQ Shrimp, dirty rice and steamed broccoli

February 5, 2020 Lunch – East Ocean. Dinner – Cajun BBQ Shrimp, dirty rice and steamed broccoli

Another big day in the Market with the Dow up 483 points and the Nasdq at an all time high.  I did fully participate in the rally because several of my stocks like Qualcomm fell on bad earnings, but I still had a nice gain.

I ate yogurt, granola, milk, and blueberries for breakfast and then went to a client’s office for a meeting and then to a doctor’s appointment.

After these appointments it was 12:30 and I was near a East Ocean, so I drove there and ate my favorite vegetarian dish in Albuquerque, Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables.  The dish incorporates cubes of deep fried tofu and nine vegetables, including bok Choy, onion, water chestnut slices, mushroom slices, broccoli, baby corn, celery, snow peas, and carrots stir fried and flavored with a light mandarin sauce made with chicken stock and cornstarch.  The dish is served with rice.

I could only eat 1/3 of the dish so,I boxed up the rest of the vegetables and rice.  Here is a picture of the leftover dish and rice.



The dish costs $7.95, so is a great value, since it can easily be stretched to three servings.

After lunch I drove to El Super because Wednesday are the produce specials. I went a little crazy.  I bought a head of cauliflower, papaya, and  broccoli for $.69/lb., oranges and carrots for $.33/lb.  Yellow onions for $.25/lb.. Limes, pineapples, and Granny Smith apples for $.50/lb. Radishes for $.25/bunch, beautiful haricot verte for $.99/lb., mangos, and on and on. I also bought crema for $2.29/lb., a lb. of heads on medium shrimp for $3.99/lb. and seven chicken thighs for $.89/lb., all for $32.00.

I arrived at home at 3:30 and worked until 5:00.

Suzette came home a bit after 5:00 and helped me unload the car.

I made a large bowl of tropical fruit salad, by peeling and dicing the papaya, pineapple, mangos and
several oranges plus some lime juice.

Since we had already thawed another pound of shrimp yesterday and since we will go to Santa Fe tomorrow, Suzette decided to make Paul Prudhomme’s recipe for BBQ shrimp.  I cut the flowerets of the three small stalks of broccoli I had bought last week. And we steamed them.  We also heated the dirty rice Billy made last Friday night that he seasoned with whole cumin seeds.

Here is the recipe.





Dinner was delicious and filling.


I ate three cookies and a couple of pieces of chocolate later.

It was a busy day but fun from a food perspective.

Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment