Wednesday, February 26, 2020

February 26, 2020 Lunch – Costco Hotdog. Dinner – PPI Chicken Curry with Brown Rice and Riata

February 26, 2020 Lunch – Costco Hot Dog  Dinner – PPI Chicken Curry with Brown Rice and Riata

I stayed much of the night worrying about the stock market.  I got up at 5:30 and sold most of the stock positions in my larger IRA in the pre-market for mostly less than the close today.  But the market proved me right.  It rallied up 400 points in the morning.  Then as the news of the spread of the coronavirus to three more countries came in in the afternoon the market reversed and ended up down about 125 points.  I felt vindicated.  Now I need to decide whether to sell some of my other positions.  I probably will sell more.  I see no bottom to this market so long as the virus spreads and more of the world is closed down in quarantine.

At 10:40 I drove to Trader Joe’s and bought six bottles of 2015 Chateau Roudier for $12.99 each for us and three bottles each of a German Riesling and a German sweet red wine for Suzette’s German dinner Friday night.   I am interested to discover if the 2015 Chateau Roudier is as good as the 2012 was.

I then drove two blocks to the Foot and ankle clinic for my regular podiatry appointment and then to Costco to fill up the car with gas and eat a beef hotdog for lunch.  I love Costco’s hotdog because it is the best cheap fun meal I know of.  For $1.50 you get a hot dog and a drink. There is a kiosk where you can order and pay electronically that I love also.  After you order the machine spits out a receipt with your order number that you take to the counter and pick up your order, which avoids standing in line and manually ordering and paying.  The electronic orders are usually given priority over the people in line, so there is that also.

After lunch I drove home and participated in a corporate zoom meeting on line.  It was fun to see and communicate with six live persons at once on line.  I will probably buy stock in Zoom.  It is a fantastic service and timely for communicating remotely during this virus pandemic.

I napped for an hour and then drove to El Super for its Wednesday produce specials.  I bought $12.90 of stuff and it seemed like a lot of stuff; a papaya for $.59/lb., a pineapple for $.50/lb., three mangos for $.99, Granny Smith apples for $.50/lb., 2 bunches of parsley, three bunches of green onions, four lb. of onions for $.99, a bunch of radishes, 2 bunches of cilantro, four small avocados, and bags  of limes and lemons.  I plan to make tropical fruit salad and tabouli and hummus perhaps with a roasted chicken and potatoes..

When I returned home at 5:00 I brought in the chicken curry and the jar of Major Grey’s Mango Chutney from the garage fridge.  I then walked and did the old man jog where your feet hit flatly on the ground for about ½ mile.  This was the first time I have jogged and it felt good.

Suzette was home.  She peeled and sautéed some more peanuts and heated the PPI curry and rice and fetched the PPI riata and we ate another bowl of curry with a Mexican light Tecate beer.



Willy called and came over for dinner and we watched some of Rachel Maddow and the South Carolina Town Halls and US Congressman Clyburn’s moving endorsement of Joe Biden.

I made a cup of chai and lay down at 8:30 to blog and read, having exceeded my expectations for exercise today.

Suzette watched the HGTV remodeling shows.  Is there a remodeling project in our future?

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment