Tuesday, February 4, 2020

February 3, 2020 Lunch – PPI White Cooked Pork with Mixed Vegetables and Raw Rice. Dinner – Lamb, Hummus, and Tzatziki Pita Bread Sandwiches

February 3, 2020 Lunch – PPI White Cooked Pork with Mixed Vegetables and Raw Rice. Dinner – Lamb, Hummus, and Tzatziki Pita Bread Sandwiches

I did not eat breakfast. I heated the PPI White Cooked Pork with Mixed Vegetables and Raw Rice at 11:30 and enjoyed it immensely, even though it was several days old.

We had discussed making lamb in Pita bread sandwiches for dinner.
The ideal option was to drive to Istanbul Market at Constitution at Wyoming, because it would have fresh pita and Persian cucumbers, but I had promised Suzette I would help her clean the apartment at the Candy store so after lunch I went to the bank and then to Lowe’s so  I would be available by 2:30.  I did consider going to El Super for cucumbers and avocados and to Lowe’s for pita bread which I did not think I would find at El Super. I ended up buying one cucumber for $.79 and a large avocado for $.99 and a package of White flour Pita made by Kronos for $3.99. There was a sot beside the Kronos pita that indicated whole wheat pita for $1.59 but there were not pita there.  When I asked if there might be any whole wheat pita in the back, the attendant said, “Those are organic and we only get organic orders on Friday.”

I chose not to ask any further questions and took the Kronos brand Pita.

I got home by 2:00 and at 2:30 Suzette arrived.  We loaded the butcher block cutting board and wrought iron hat and coat rack and took them to the apartment and spent the rest of the afternoon at the apartment.

We could not clean because the hot water was not hooked up, so we went back home at 4:30.

I made a hot buttered rum and Suzette drank a scotch.  Then I made Tzatziki.

I peeled, deseeded, and diced the cucumber, them I chopped a tomato and about 2 oz. of onion and placed those ingredients in a bowl and added about ¾ cup of whole milk yogurt, the juice of ½ lemon, a tsp. of  salt, a clove of garlic pressed, and about ¼ cup of minced fresh parsley.


Willy came by and made a really good hummus in the Cuisinart with a 15 oz. can of garbanzos, some tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil.

The hummus
We were hungry so decided to eat.  I sliced slices of lamb from a large piece of the PPI leg of lamb we roasted in Taos Friday night and Suzette sautéed them in a T. of olive oil in a large skillet on the stove. Suzette also chopped several leaves of baby romaine lettuce.  We then toasted pitas on the
stove.  When the pitas were warm I cut them in half and sliced them open with a knife to open the cavity.   We each then took two halves of pita and filled their cavities with lamb slices, Tzatziki, Hummus, and lettuce for a truly delicious dinner.




I opened a bottle of Cocosul Dintre vii Syrah, produced by Recas, the large Romanian producer, given to me by Aaron. The wine was heavy and went well with the lamb sandwiches.


After dinner we watched the Antique Roadshow and some coverage of the Iowa Caucus.  The app in Iowa faltered and we went to bed at 9:30  before any results were announced.  When I awakened at 2:30 and blogged, there were still no results.  The Iowa caucus seems to have become a fiasco.  Its continuation is in doubt, because I think folks prefer a secret ballot and dislike being bugged to change their vote in a public arena.

The market went kind of crazy today also.  The DOW was up 133, but my portfolio was flat and I could not tell if Alphabet was up $60 or down $9.72.

Alas the Market roller coaster continues. Tomorrow will surely be another day of surprises, although the Dow futures are up $300 with large gains trending for the tech stocks other than Alphabet. The Asian markets are up 1.3% as of 4:00 a.m. Mountain time, so my portfolio may regain some of its loss it suffered from the huge sell-off on Friday.

The Iowa results are still not announced and all the candidates have gone to New Hampshire, after announcing victory.

Bon Appetit











No comments:

Post a Comment