Friday, February 7, 2020

February 7, 2020 A day of Interesting PPIs. Lunch – PPI Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables. Dinner – PPI Texas Chili with a Pork filled Tamale and Guacamole

February 7, 2020 A day of Interesting PPIs. Lunch – PPI Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables. Dinner – PPI Texas Chili with a Pork filled Tamale and Guacamole

Some days eating Leftovers can be a lot of fun and today was one of those days.

For lunch I heated the Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables.  I find the sauce served on the dish at East Ocean to be very sparse so today I made additional sauce by heating a heaping tsp.of cornstarch with about ½ tsp. of dehydrated chicken stock, 2 T. each of soy sauce and Chinese Cooking wine, four slices of garlic, and about 1/3 cup of hot water. As the sauce thickened I added a bit more water to keep it the consistency of a thick soup rather than a congealed paste.  I poured the sauce on the dish and it emulsified the vegetables and the rice that had dried out and hardened.  The resulting dish was quite delicious; perhaps more delicious than the original.  I also added several flowerets of PPI steamed broccoli.

                                                              The Sauce

I drank a cup of green tea with lunch.

I worked until after 5:00 and Suzette has a hard day of cooking at her work, so we did not wish to cook.

I made guacamole with the three small avocados I bought at El Super on Wednesday, plus 3 oz. of minced onion, 2 cloves of garlic pressed, ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, the juice of 1 ½ limes, ½ tsp. of salt, and about five drops of Cholula hot sauce.

Suzette said, “The guacamole would go perfectly with the Texas Chile and a tamale.”  So that is what we ate for dinner.

Suzette fetched and heated the bucket of Texas Chile.  I opened and steamed two tamales in a pasta bowl with a bit of water and covered with Saran in the microwave for 3.33 minutes at a power of 70%.

I also sliced four radishes into thick slices like the slices of radish served at street taco stands in Mexico and minced three more oz. of onion to garnish the dish.

Suzette fetched the crema and I fetched two Sam Adams beers from the garage.  I poured Suzette a Sam Adams and I fetched a XX from the fridge for myself.

After its third or fourth heating the Chile has turned into a more homogeneous stew with a rich flavor of its own.

The tamales were fat and full of stewed pork that created that extra flavor and amount of corn masa to balance the unitary flavor of the Chile with the corn masa centric doughiness of the Tamale.  What a great combination!  When the tamales and the Chile were heated Suzette then covered the tamales with Chile.

Of course, we added guacamole, minced onions, and crema to complete the dish to our liking.



We went to bed at 7:30 and did research on Maui and I fell asleep while Suzette researched.

I awakened at 11:00 and wrote this blog and drank a glass of water.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment