Thursday, February 27, 2020

February 27, 2020 Lunch – Placitas Café. Dinner – Charcuterie Casarecce Pasta Primavera.

February 27, 2020 Lunch – Placitas Café. Dinner – Charcuterie Casarecce Pasta Primavera.

I woke up early and worked on the water case.  I should have sold the rest of my tech stocks but did not.

I ate toasted and buttered French baguette spread with Elderberry and orange marmalade and covered with slices of Jarlsberg cheese.

The market took another big tumble today, over 1160 points, brutal.

The only consolation. I only lost half of what I would have lost.  I actually bought Moderna that is working on a coronavirus vaccine and Zoom that has an app for remote conferencing. Moderna went down and Zoom went up, so no net gain because I chased Moderna up too high and it hit a volatility breaker stop and then crashed back down.

I picked Charlie up at 11:00 and drove us to the Placitas Café.  There were ten members in attendance.  We ordered breakfasts, lunches, and soups.  Charlie and several others ordered a hamburger and fried onion rings.  Keith and I ordered ordered a sort of Cobb salad with organic greens, chunks of ham, Turkey, crumbled feta cheese, slices of avocado, and bacon.  I dressed mine with blue cheese dressing.

We then went to Jack’s house off a Tunnel Spring Road in Placitas with its impeccable view of Cabezon and the Jemez River Valley for our book club meeting.  We were served chocolate mousse and coffee cake, German Ansbach brandy, and coffee for dessert after the meeting.

At 4:40:I drove to the bank to deposit the rent check from Ultra Health and then went to meditate until 6:00.

When I returned home Suzette said she wanted to make a pasta dish with the Uneaten charcuterie from Sunday’s dinner party.

I diced ½ of a red bell pepper, ½ of a white onion, four cloves of garlic, a yellow squash, parsley, and tomatoes.

Suzette the sautéed the vegetables in one large skillet, the charcuterie, some black olives, and slices of Spanish chorizo in another large skillet and boiled Casarecce pasta in a large pot of boiling water.






I grated a cup of Beaufort cheese and Suzette made a pesto sauce with milk, sour cream, and pesto and then combined all the ingredients in a large bowl.  The result was delicious.  We each ate two bowls.

 Had chilled a bottle of Tavel rose wine that went well with the meaty dish.

I ate chocolate and sipped cognac later as we watched Midsommer Murders on PBS.

A lovely day and food if one could put the market out of one’s mind.

Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment