Friday, February 7, 2020

February 6, 2020 Lunch – Roasted Lamb Salad Dinner – Lamb, Avocado, and Tzatziki filled Pita Sandwiches

February 6, 2020 Lunch – Roasted Lamb Salad   Dinner – Lamb, Avocado, and Tzatziki filled Pita Sandwiches

Today’s food was of little interest compared to the fabulous experience of a gong recital in the Salt Cave in Santa Fe.

Here is a link to the website for it: santa fe salt cave santa fe nm

The Salt Cave is a commercial business located at 1424 Second St., Santa Fe, NM.  It is a salt cave made from Himalayan salt large enough for eight reclining lounge chairs and a small area where two musicians played an hour long one and percussion performance. I found it very relaxing to let the sound wash over me and found my body vibrating to the sound of the gongs at several points.  I was also touched by a tuning fork tuned to the harmony of oom.  I did not hallucinate but did try to visualize my body being in balance with the cosmos and toward the end opened out my right hip to try to gain greater feeling in my right hip.

Fine particles of medical grade salt are also blown into the Salt Cave in the heating system , so  after the experience the inside of my nose was caked with a light film of salt similar to the way it is coated from being at the sea shore for a day.

After the Salt Cave experience we drove home and made sliced lamb and tzatziki pita pocket sandwiches.  I sliced the remaining 3/4  of the large avocado and we added slices of avocado to our sandwiches.





Suzette opened the bottle of 2016 Acrobat Pinot Noir from Oregon’s Willamette Valley that Dodi and Peter gave us.





We enjoyed the wine.  I drank a second glass with a slice of Stilton cheese after my two half sandwiches.

We watched an episode of Endeavour, the BBC mystery show and went to bed at 11:00.

For lunch I garnished my salad containing radish, tomato, goat cheese and baby Romaine with Chunks of PPI roast lamb sautéed in olive oil with slices of red onion and garlic.



Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment