Wednesday, February 26, 2020

February 25, 2020 Lunch – PPI Pho Donburi Miso Noodle Soup with ground beef. Dinner – PPI Boeuf Bourguignon and Mashed Potatoes and Celeriac

February 25, 2020 Lunch – PPI Pho Donburi Miso Noodle Soup with ground beef.  Dinner – PPI Boeuf Bourguignon and Mashed Potatoes and Celeriac

I have gotten into the habit of skipping breakfast and eating an early lunch lately.

Today at 11;30 I heated the PPI Pho Miso Noodle Soup.  I added a bit of water and about six de-stemmed, halved snow peas and two sticks of yellow squash, two sticks of carrot and I stick of beet.

I made a Donburi mixture by whisking two eggs, 1/2 T. of soy and 2 T. of Chinese cooking wine.  When I added the mixture slowly in a broad arc around the top of the boiling soup. It immediately cooked into a cloud of omelet that rose to the surface.  I love the Donburi technique.  I enjoyed the soup, especially after adding fresh impugn bean sprouts.




Today I re-started my efforts in the Lower Rio Grande water Adjudication case.p

At 1:30 I walked to the duck pond and back, a new distance record, especially in the strong wind.

The market fell another 880 points today.  I decided to sell most of my positions rather than see my profits for the year evaporate.

I began reading Born a Crime by Trevor Noah today and am enjoying it.

When Suzette came home at 5:30 we decided to re-heat the PPI Boeuf Bourguignon and Mashed Potatoes and Celeriac and steam asparagus because Suzette was hungry.

When Suzette had prepared dinner, she called to me and I opened a bottle of 2012 Chateau Roudier Montaigne-St. Emillon (Trader Joe’s $12.99). This wine is rated among the top 7% of all wines in the world.  As one sommelier said of the 2001 vintage, “A real stunner”. I asked her if she liked it with the dish and she said, “Yes”. It is one of the three types of wine Julia Child recommended for the dish.   I then asked Suzette if she liked it as much as the De Ponte Pinot Noir we drank with the dish Sunday night and Suzette replied, “That was very special.”


I guess I will order another case of the De Ponte 2016 Pinot Noir.  I have had trouble finding a really good Dundee Hills Willamette Valley or Anderson Valley Pinot for under $50.00 since Londer closed.  De Ponte is the only vineyard with the quality for less than $50.00.  As a member I can buy its Pinot Noir

Since we had a bit of wine left we split the last piece of chocolate torte made by the Greenhouse Bistro for dessert.

I then ate the last bit of brie on three pieces of baguette.

This dinner was better than Sunday night’s dinner.  The flavors of the Beef stew had blended and we could taste the fragrance and flavor of the celeriac in the potatoes.


We contemplated what our lives would be like if the coronavirus spread to NM.

We went to bed a bit after 8:00, but I awakened at 11:00 and blogged until after 1:00.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment