Friday, May 31, 2019

May 30, 2019. Lunch – Salad and Liverwurst and cheddar cheese Sandwiches Dinner – Book Club Clam dip, cubed Lebanon Bologna and cheddar cheese

May 30, 2019. Lunch – Salad and Liverwurst and cheddar cheese Sandwiches  Dinner – Book Club Clam dip, cubed Lebanon Bologna and cheddar cheese

I ate yogurt, milk, tropical fruit salad, and granola again for breakfast.

I worked until 1:30 and then went to the bank and then Lowe’s for cream cheese.  We had lots of bagels and no cream cheese, an unacceptable condition.

When I walked in I was immediately attracted to the beautiful large heads of Romaine lettuce for $.99 each. I picked a lovely big head.  I then proceeded to buy the cream cheese, actually Neufchâtel.  I then decided to replenish our stock of tonic water, but on my way past the butcher area, I noticed lots of Boars head meats in the cabinet.  I asked the attendant if they carried liverwurst and she said, “Yes.”  I told the attendant I would take 1 lb. sliced medium thick.

I then picked four quart bottles of tonic and headed for the cashier area.  I returned home and made myself a salad.  Three large leaves of Romaine filled a pasta bowl.  I then added cucumbers, anchovies and radishes from the garden and refreshed the salad dressing with an anchovies filet, lemon juice, and olive oil and dressed my fresh, crisp salad.  I also toasted two slices of rye bread and smeared them with butter and added slices of the liverwurst I just bought, a smear of German deli mustard and then a slice of cheddar cheese.

Suzette came in while I was making the sandwiches, so I gave her a slice of liverwurst to try.

I worked until 5:00 and then we started organizing the food for the book club.  Suzette made a cheese and Lebanon Bologna platter with the goggle eyed fish party picks stuck into the cubes of cheese and bologna.



I went to the garden and picked chives and parsley and chopped it and Suzette stirred the herbs into the clam dip.


We put out a platter of cookies and bowls of M&Ms,  mixed nuts, olives, potato chips, and bagel
chips.

When Karl and Bob arrived I opened a bottle of 2014 Chateau Roudier Montaigne-St. Emillon (Trader Joe’s $12.99)  and  a Santiago Station Chilean Sauvignon Blanc (Total Wine $4.99 less 20% discount or $4.00).

We had a good discussion and then I raved Blueberry Clafoutis with whipped cream or ice cream.

After everyone left by 9:30 Suzette came out of the bedroom and ate a bowl.

This clafoutis was different from all the others I have made.  It did not gel and turn into a solid custard.  Instead it stayed loose containing lots of clumps.  Next time I must increase the number of eggs or mix some wheat flour with the almond flour.

 The pebbly clafoutis

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment