Tuesday, May 7, 2019

May 7, 2019 Lunch – Vietnam 2000. Dinner – Boiled and Sautéed Brats with sliced onion and apple and blanched broccoli and corn on the cob

May 7, 2019 Lunch – Vietnam 2000. Dinner – Boiled and Sautéed Brats with sliced onion and apple and blanched broccoli and corn on the cob

I ate a slice of bagel with cream cheese sliced onion and Gravad Lax and a scoop of tropical fruit salad for breakfast.

I finished my pleading by 12:15 and called Aaron and invited him to lunch. I suggested we go to Vietnam 2000 because they serve a dish Aaron really likes, a fried noodle bowl filled with stir fried meat and vegetables in a thick sauce that makes a wonderful combination of textures and flavors when the sauce and ingredients mix with and moisten the fried noodles.  It was starting to get warm so I ordered my favorite summer dish: Bun Cha Gio with fried egg rolls and grilled pork served on a bed of boiled rice vermicelli laid on a bed of cool strips of cucumber, mung bean sprouts, lettuce, and slices of green onion, basil leaves, and cilantro that is served with a bowl of sweetened fish sauce.
I usually request a small plate filled with mung bean sprouts, basil and cilantro to add to the bowl and today was no exception.


My bun Cha Gio
We had a great lunch although I had to box some of my lunch.

It was almost 3:00 when I returned home.  I finished editing and filing my pleading by 4:30.

I wanted to ride but could not close the clamps on my shoes so rested in bed and read my book club book, The Moonstone.

When Suzette came home a bit after 5:00 we were both hungry, so we decided to start cooking.  Suzette boiled three Pork Italian Sweet Sausages in a skillet with some water and when the water evaporated she added olive oil and sliced onion and a sliced apple to the skillet and sautéed those ingredients.

In a large casserole she heated water and we boiled two ears of corn and broccoli flowerets.

Here are some pictures.








                                                                The sauce

We both wanted to dip the sausages into a mixture of horseradish, mayo, and mustard.  I mixed those three condiments into a creamy sauce using Grey Poupon mustard, Long’s horseradish we bought last weekend I at Wenger’s Meat Market in Elizabethtown, PA and prepared mayo.

Without a lot of prep we soon had a plate full of great food.

We drank Negra Modelo beers with dinner.

This meal satisfied my craving for anything else to eat, especially anything sweet.  I guess that was because of the sweetness of the apple and onion slices.

We watched Rachel Maddow but at 8:00 watched a documentary on Amelia Earhart and then several House hunter episodes.

At 9:30 I blogged  and latter read the book some more.

Bon Appetit

 


No comments:

Post a Comment