Wednesday, May 8, 2019

May 8, 2019 Lunch – Azuma Dinner – Sautéed Italian Sausage, Pasta and Vegetables

May 8, 2019 Lunch – Azuma  Dinner – Sautéed Italian Sausage, Pasta and Vegetables

I ate yogurt, granola, and tropical fruit salad for breakfast.

At 1:00 I drove to Azuma and ordered Chirashi Donburi, which is 12 pieces of raw fish and octopus on a mound of Sushi Rice with slices of egg omelet and a small pile of seaweed salad.


I drank green tea with lunch.  I only ate ½ of the pieces and boxed the rest to take home.

I went to a doctor’s appointment so did not get home until 4:45.   I had planned to go to El Super, but was prevented by a strong thunderstorm.

When I returned home I called Suzette who said she would arrive home at 5:30, so I started dinner.  My idea was to sauté ingredients with pasta, which is something Suzette does often with PPI pasta.

I diced two Sweet Italian Sausages and sliced a carrot, a zucchini, ½ on a small onion, and four mushrooms and removed the kernels from an ear of corn.

I then sautéed the sausage and removed it from the skillet. Then I sautéed the carrot, onion, and zucchini.

I went to the garden and picked sprigs of parsley, oregano, chard, and sage and destemmed and diced those and added them to the skillet with the mushrooms and corn kernels plus 2 cups of PPi pasta.

I mixed everything together and covered the skillet with a wok cover to allow everything to heat thoroughly.





I opened a bottle of 2011 Origon Gran Reserva from the Tierra Alta region of Spain.

Suzette diced fresh mozzarella slices and filled pasta bowls with the mozzarella and mixture and I poured glasses of red wine and we had a super early filling dinner.



I went to the Neighborhood Annual meeting at 6:30.  When I returned at 9:00 I drank a small glass of limoncello and two cups of tea and ate a small bowl of coffee ice cream doused with rum.

I watched the news, which seems more historic every day with subpoenas flying into the face of assertions of executive privilege.

The Supreme Court is probably already briefing this case.

At 11:00 I blogged and went to bed at 11:35.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment