Saturday, May 4, 2019

May 2, 2019 Lunch – Vietnam 2000. Dinner – Sautéed Hamburger Steak with Cottage Fries, sautéed onions, and mushrooms and steamed broccoli

May 2, 2019 Lunch – Vietnam 2000. Dinner – Sautéed Hamburger Steak with Cottage Fries, sautéed onions, and mushrooms and steamed broccoli

I ate dynamic granola, fruit salad, and yogurt at 10:00.

Peter Eller called at 11:15 inviting me to go to lunch.  I picked him up at 11:45 and we drove to Vietnam 2000 because he wanted a light Oriental meal.

We both studied the menu.  Since I had eaten breakfast only 1 ½ hours before.  I settled on my favorite light meal, steamed rice sheets with fried egg rolls and shrimp sausage. I love this dish it has four or five of my favorite ingredients; fried egg rolls, shrimp sausage, sautéed cucumbers and mung bean sprouts, and roasted peanuts and onion crisps as garnish.  Here is a picture.

Peter after careful research ordered number 80, stir fried egg noodles with vegetables and chicken to which he added fish sauce and hoisin sauce.

Peter also ordered hot green tea, served in a lovely tea pot.

We talked and talked and each ended up boxing about ½ of our lunch to take home.

At 3:30 I rode the short route to Bridge and then north to Central and then home.

I was hungry when I returned home so at 5:00 I ate the remaining ½ of my lunch.  Then I ate three slices of mozzarella cheese on slices of French baguette, a grapefruit, and finally a glass of lime and lemonade.

I went to meditate at 6:30 and when I returned Suzette was cooking dinner.  In one skillet were two hamburgers and slices of mushroom and in the other skillet were slices of potato browning with slices of onion.

She also was steaming some broccoli flowerets.

I opened a bottle of 2013 Tripache Argentinian Malbec and poured glasses.  Suzette plated the plates and we carried them and the glasses of wine to the table under the gazebo in the garden.

We enjoyed the cool evening breeze as we ate the delicious dinner Suzette made.  Here is a picture.



We were happy to be home and cooking fresh ingredients instead of eating out or at folks houses.

I drank two cups of chai after dinner and watched Denver beat San Jose to even the series 2 to 2 in their Stanley Cup playoff series.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment