Wednesday, May 29, 2019

May 28, 2019 .Lunch – Church Street Café. Dinner – Mushroom, Potato, Asparagus, and cheese omelet

May 28, 2019 .Lunch – Church Street Café. Dinner – Mushroom, Potato, Asparagus, and cheese omelet

I was busy at my desk when a call came at noon from Marie asking if she and her brother could see our building.  I showed them through and then we went her Church Street Fe to look at her kitchen and support facilities, after which she offered me lunch.  I ordered A Carne Adovado  plate while we were viewing the kitchen.  As we walked out to the patio with the waiter followed us carrying the large platter following us.  Half of the large platter was filled with  delicious carne adovado covered was loose patches of melted cheese.  The other half of the platter was filled with equal amounts of beans and spinach.  The spinach was seasoned with a bit of chili caribe.  The beans were straight good tasting boiled pinto beans.  I loved it and could not stop myself eating although I was able sit up for a moment a couple of times to break the embarrassment of making a complete spectacle of my gluttony in front of Marie.

I felt like I had finally re-connected with an old friend, Church Street Café’s Carne Adovado.

After lunch I drove to the bike shop and bought new bike cleats, then to Smith’s for salmon and green beans for dinner on Wednesday.

I then went to bank and bak home around 4:00.

I had worked a long while and was very tired and needed to rest.

Suzette came home and we watched TV and discussed dinner.  Suzette initially wanted to go out for dinner.  I told her I was tired and still extremely stuffed with lunch.  I drank a beer, but still felt stuffed.  Suzette said she was hungry.  We were expecting Luke to arrive at 6:30 and Willy shortly after 8:00.  Given the quandary over arrival times I suggested a mushroom and cheese omelet, which Suzette agreed to make.  We are at one of those end of cooking cycles where there are lots of ingredients that need to be used before they go bad.  Suzette ended up chopping baked potato and asparagus to go into the omelet with the mushrooms and cream cheese.  I still was not very hungry so I ate only 1/3, Suzette ate now 1/3 and Willy arrived he ate the other 1/3..  I forget what Luke ate, but we sat outside and shared a bottle of Santiago Station Sauvignon Blanc from Chile that we bought at Trader Joe’s for $4.99 less 20% or $4.00 per bottle.  It is my favorite new wine of the spring. I has a pinkish cast to it and has been blended with another very appealing grape besides Sauvignon Blanc that has a very floral musty flavor like crushed roses.  I loved it and you can not beat the price.



We talked at length about the candy store project.

At 9:30 I went to bed.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment