Thursday, May 23, 2019

May 23, 2019 Lunch – Taj Mahal. Dinner – Grilled Pesto glazed Lamb Chops and Sautéed Spaghetti with Chopped Asparagus plus PPI corn kernels and asparagus and onion and tomato,

May 23, 2019 Lunch – Taj Mahal. Dinner – Grilled Pesto glazed Lamb Chops and Sautéed Spaghetti with Chopped Asparagus plus PPI corn kernels and asparagus and onion and tomato,

I had a very busy day.  I made 2 slices of toasted bagel smeared with cream cheese and garnished with onion and white fish.  I ate one with a cup of Earl Grey tea before I was called to go to the candy store to meet our new tenant.  Then at 9:30 when I returned home I ate the other slice with another cup of tea.

I worked until 1:45 when Luke’s flight arrived from NY.  I picked him up a bit after 2:00 and we raced to Taj Mahal to eat lunch.  We were the last customers before the restaurant closed at 2:30.  The lunch buffet was just as delicious as always.  I ate there two times this week and enjoyed it both times. Luke says Taj Mahal compares favorably to the best Indian restaurants he eats at in NY.




We then drove to the dentist office for Luke’s 3:00 appointment.  After I dropped him off I drove home and picked up the lease for the new tenant at 524 Romero NW and drove to their Chili Fanatic store on San Mateo and we signed the lease.  I then picked Luke up and drove to the auto mechanic’s shop and we picked up the Prius that was having its battery replaced.

I then drove to the bank to deposit the security deposit check and then home.  When I arrived home the telephone rang.  It was Todd telling me he was at the Quaker meeting house and could meditate early, so I drove there and we meditated until 6:00.  I returned home at 6:30 to find Suzette had smeared the nine lamb chops with her special Sorrel pesto and grilled them.  She chopped up asparagus and ¼ cup and onion and sautéed it with the PPI tomato, corn, asparagus and tomato salad from the other night.   Luke had an on line session with four students at 7:00 that he was preparing for, so we ate hastily and then when he left we slowed down and I fetched a bottle of 2012 Origon Gran Reserva 60% Syrah and 40% Tempranillo that I had bought at a Trader Joe’s for $5.99.  Note: no one would drink the Apothic.  When Luke left for his on line session, we sat and ate leisurely with Willy as he told us about several job openings at his work that he might consider filling.  Pretty interesting stuff.



After dinner Willy left and we watched Endeavor, the BBC detective series until 10:00 and went to bed.  I dozed on the couch since I had not had a nap during the day.

Hurried delicious food is less delicious than slow delicious food.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment