Sunday, May 5, 2019

May 5, 2019 Lunch – Grilled Hamburger, Steamed Green Beans, sliced tomatoes, and kale Dinner – Sautéed shrimp, zucchini, tomato, onion, and carrot

May 5, 2019 Lunch – Grilled Hamburger, Steamed Green Beans, sliced tomatoes, and kale Dinner – Sautéed shrimp, zucchini, tomato, onion, and carrot

I started the day with two slices of whole wheat bagel smeared with cream cheese and garnished with onion slices and bits of smoked white fish.  Very delicious.

Max came around 10:00 and we talked about the remodel of the candy store until after noon.

Suzette then made lunch, grilling hamburgers, steaming green beans, and making a salad of kale and tomato slices.   We also sautéed  mushrooms and sliced onion.


I drank the last of the 2017 Trapiche Malbec and Suzette drank a beer and sat in the gazebo.

I rested after lunch until 5:30 and then I rode the short route on my bike.

When I returned I sliced mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, and the peeled the three or four PPI BBQ shrimp from last night.

I went to the garden and picked oregano and a garlic chives and chopped those and some chives for the dish.

I then went to the basement and fetched a bottle of 2014 Conte Priola
Pinot Grigio Rose del Venezia ($6.49 at Total Wine).





Suzette boiled some penne and Casarecce macaroni and then sautéed all the ingredients into a lovely melange.  In other words we created a lovely pasta dish out of a few ingredients.

Here is a picture.




Suzette later soaked in the hot tub and I ate coffee ice cream with rum and drank a cup of chai.


A lovely day of food and relaxation without any plan.

We watched Masterpiece Theater and at 11:00 I watched an amazing show on whale sharks that inhabit a Philippines island and the effort to balance tourism and conservation of the ecology of the whale sharks and island.

I blogged and went to bed a bit after midnight.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment