Thursday, May 9, 2019

May 9, 2019.Lunch - Lin Chinese Buffet. Dinner – Willy’s BD at Farina

May 9, 2019.Lunch - Lin Chinese Buffet. Dinner – Willy’s BD at Farina

I awakened at 7:15, ate a quick bowl of yogurt, granola, and tropical fruit salad and at 7:45 rode my bike to Campbell Rd. and back

I worked until 11:30 when I picked up Peter Eller and drove us to Lin’s Chinese Buffet on Academy in the old Seagull Street location at Seagull.

This is the best Chinese buffet in town in my opinion. My favorite items are Steamed Manila clams, the best succulent BBQ pork ribs I have eaten in years, Thai Chicken, a lovely Mapo Dofu made simply with sausage and soft tofu in a spicy red oil sauce, and battered fried shrimp that I added some sweet and sour sauce to.  There are dozens of other items.  Today the new item I tried were the stir fried rice vermicelli noodles.  I always get a cup of soup. Today it was egg drop soup with pork filled wontons. I dipped the clams into the thick egg cloud filled cup of soup that tasted every bit like the lobster sauce at East Ocean with clams instead of scallops.  I had a cream puff for dessert.  $9.00 and $6.00 for seniors after 2:00.







After lunch we drove across the street to Sprouts and in few minutes I bought blueberries for $.98 per 6 oz. container, two eggplants for $.50 each, and two Aji tuna steaks for $7.99/lb.

I then drove Peter home.  He is suffering terribly from some affliction that affects his legs and is now walking with a cane.  Alas.

After I got home I worked a bit and then took a one hour nap until 4:00.

I worked until 5:15 and then drove to meditation.


After meditation I picked Suzette up at home and we drove to Farina.  For a small dinner party to
celebrate Willy’s 30th Birthday. ZAmy and Vahl’s has already arrived and soon Willy and Will
arrived .  A little later Robin arrived.  We ordered bottles of Montepolicello de Abruzzo, three pizzas, meatballs for me, apple and walnut salad for Vahl, soup for Suzette. Dessert was the best part of the meal, two s two best friends and family saffron flavored hazelnut macaroons filled with a raisin ice cream.

Most of the day the Beatles song from Sargent Pepper’s Lonely Heart Club Band played in my head.  “It was thirty years ago today that Sargent Pepper told the band to play.”

I was happy that Willy was doing well at age 30 and could celebrate with his best friends and family.





After diner Suzette and I compared notes.  Neither of us thought the food was particularly good.  I liked the pizza, but Suzette would not eat it because she is avoiding carbs.  My meatballs were just okay and Suzette’s three bean soup was dreadful.  The montepoliciano de Abbruzo was good and the antipastos were excellent.

In all it was a fair meal with good wine and an excellent dessert.



Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment