Tuesday, May 21, 2019

May 21, 2019 Lunch – PPI Mapo Dofu. Dinner – Grilled Hamburger Steak with Roasted Potatoes, grilled onion, and tomato stuffed with Asparagus and corn salad

May 21, 2019 Lunch – PPI Mapo Dofu. Dinner – Grilled Hamburger Steak with Roasted Potatoes, grilled onion, and tomato stuffed with Asparagus and corn salad

I had a hurried partial breakfast of yogurt, milk, tropical fruit salad, and granola.

At noon I heated the PPI Mapo Dofu and ate it with PPI Japanese pickled carrots, cucumber, and radish.

At 5:30 I peeled and diced six Yukon Gold potatoes and dusted them with a Middle Eastern spice blend and tossed them in olive oil and baked them for 45 minutes at 350 degrees in a convection oven.

Then I formed 1/3 lb. hamburger steaks and sliced a medium onion into four thick slices.  Suzette sliced a heirloom tomato in half and garnished each half with a salad she made with corn kernels, diced asparagus spears marinated in a balsamic dressing overnight.

I fetched a bottle of 2013 Apothic Red blend from the cellar.  When I opened it and tasted it I discovered that it was mostly merlot and Zinfandel.  I preferred the Cherry Blossom Pinot Noir from California ($4.99 at Trader Joe’s) we drank last night but Suzette liked the heaviness, so I poured her a glass of Apothic and I poured myself the rest of the pinot.

                                                           The Salads

                                                                   The wines

                                                                 The dinner

Suzette Grilled the hamburgers and onion slices. After she flipped the hamburgers she garnished them with slices of foie gras and Manchego Cheese.

The resulting hamburger was delicious and there was a lot of textural variation between the soft salad and hamburger and the firm roasted potatoes.
I enjoyed the foie gras capped hamburger, which reminded me of a steak lunch I had in Hungary served with a whole sautéed duck liver on top.  Tonight was not as impressive but equally delicious.

I enjoyed bites of hamburger with grilled onion, cheese, and foie gras.

After dinner I drank a cup of chai and we flipped the feathur bed and went to sleep

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment