Sunday, March 10, 2019

mixture is for six pounds of fish.  I usually cure for 24 hours, turning the fish after 12 hours, but in this case because the fish did not fully fill the dish, I cured for 36 hours to make sure the fish got as much contact as possible with the curing liquid.

After I put the Gravad lax into the fridge to cure, I made

 Clafoutis.

I scalded Three cups of half and half. In a separate bowl I mixed 7 T. of white flour, 10 T. of confectioner’s powdered sugar and three T. of almond flour and ½ tsp. of salt.  I then buttered a ceramic baking dish.  I the whisked four eggs and added the whipped egg to the dry mixture and then the milk.

We baked the Clafoutis on a cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.

At 45 minutes iPod cooking the center of the Clafoutis was firemen and the edges bubbling.  I covered it with Saran and put it Erin the fridge.

We watched some SNL and went to bed.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment