Friday, March 8, 2019

March 7, 2019 Lunch – Sautéed Filet Mignonette, Potato and onion Slices, Poblano Chile, and Asparagus. Dinner – Composed Duck Breast Salad

March 7, 2019 Lunch – Sautéed Filet Mignonette, Potato and onion Slices, Poblano Chile, and Asparagus. Dinner – Composed Duck Breast Salad

Another day working to get the hotel transaction completed.  I woke up early and showered and was at my desk by 8:00.  I finished the wave of paperwork by 11:15 and decided that the thawed filet mignonette in the fridge should be sautéed.  I sliced a 1/3 inch thick slice of onion, chopped about an oz. of Chile poblano, and sliced a small baked potato into three slices.  I sautéed the onion, Chile, potato slices and three asparagus spears.  After they softened I added them filet in three stages based upon thickness.  The filet was the end of the filet that narrowed down to nothing, so there were three thicknesses.  I looked the sautéed Lunch from the crisp potatoes to the silky soft Chili.  I combined ingredients to make different types of bites.  I drank a glass of Pessimist red blend.  After lunch I had a slice of Brie cheese with slices of ripe Bosc pear.





At 4:30 I drove to Smith’s that had lots of specials.  I bought two large salmon filets for $5.99/lb., a pork sirloin for $.99/lb., a package of corned beef for $2.99/lb., 2 lb. of bacon for $3.99/lb., two dozen eggs for $.99/dozen, two T-bone steaks for $4.77/lb., and three 6 oz. plastic containers of blueberries for $.99 each.  The meat larder is replenished and I can use some of the extra half and half and cream to make a blueberry Clafoutis and make a new batch of Gravad Lax.  The last batch which is still good was made two weeks before Christmas, so gravading preserves salmon for an extra three months; a very handy way to preserve meats. Perfect for a long Ocean voyage, say to England to pillage some monasteries 1200 years ago.  For longer voyages there was salt and smoked fish that could be boiled to rehydrate.

There will also be the wave of corn beef and cabbage and then Rueben sandwiches and breakfasts of corned beef hash, so lots of meals get planned at the grocery store.

After I drove home , unloaded, and had a cup of hot sweet lime juice I drove to meditation.

When I returned home at 8:00 Suzette had composed a composed duck breast salad, with salad greens from our garden, diced tomatoes, steamed zucchini, asparagus, and radishes, sautéed potato slices like I made for lunch and a sliced grilled duck breast.  Suzette made a delicious dressing by combining fresh goat cheese, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.  I poured out the rest of the Pessimist red blend and then opened the bottle of 2014 Chateau Roudier.  The Chateau is located in Montagne
in Appellation Montagne-St. Emilion, just north of St. Emilion.  This wine is one of my favorites at Trader Joe’s. It lighter and more elegant than many of the cheaper wines and well worth its  $12.95 price.  I try to keep a bottle in the house but it is difficult because it is so pleasant to drink and goes well with many foods also.  It is a classic blend of 65% merlot, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 10% Cabernet Franc and rates from 86 to 90 points and a 3.7 by Vinvino.  Others sell this bottle for up to
$22.00.  Trader Joe’s has the least expensive price for this wine.



After dinner I made a small dessert of warm blueberry cobbler and vanilla ice cream.

We watched some news.  Paul Manafort got sentenced to 47 months in prison today and faces another sentencing next week, a rather precipitous fall for an international political consultant and Chairman of Trump’s election campaign.  It could be interesting if Manafort ever told prosecutors what was going on in the Trump campaign, but he seems to be hoping for a pardon or afraid of the Russians rather than telling the truth.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment