Friday, March 29, 2019

March 28, 2019 Lunch – Caesar Salad. Dinner – Sandwiches and Book Club

March 28, 2019 Lunch – Caesar Salad. Dinner – Sandwiches and Book Club

I wanted to try to eat more lightly to day and exercise to see if I felt better.  I started with a delicious biodynamic breakfast of tropical fruit salad, granola, and lots of yogurt.  I call it biodynamic when there is enough fruit juice to wet the granola instead of adding milk.  It is more delicious and in my opinion healthier without milk.

At 10:00 I rode 4 miles on my bike around a Tingley Beach to Marquez and back home.  I showered and dressed and  then chose to eat a salad for lunch with the fresh red leaf lettuce I bought yesterday at El Super.  I made a pile of torn leaves of lettuce and added a diced Roma tomato, a diced Persian cucumber, 2 oz. of diced red onion, ¼ of a large avocado diced, ½ of an artichoke heart diced, and four smoked Spanish anchovy filets diced and dressed the salad with Cesar salad dressing.

I also refreshed the artichoke dipping sauce by adding juice of 1/4 lemon and two heaping T. of mayo and made a cheese sandwich with slices of Jarlsberg cheese on a slice of toasted whole wheat bread.

I love the healthy lunch and used several leftovers.


After lunch I went to the bank and had some pain, so I rested for about an hour from 4:00 until 5:00 to regain my strength and it worked. I walked without pain in the evening.

At 5:30 I ate a piece of whole wheat toast smeared with peanut butter and boysenberry jam with a cup of rum spiked hot chocolate and then ate a slice of rye bread smeared with sour cream garnished with slices of herring in wine sauce for dinner.

Suzette ate a slightly more elegant dinner of PPI chicken Stroganoff with a baked potato.

At 6:30 I picked up Charlie and we drove to the book club meeting at Bob’s house.  The book discussed this month was The Cuckoo Calling by J. K.Rowling using the pseudonym, Robert Gailbraith.  I ate a few Fritos and dip and a couple of slices of cheese with a glass of Pinot Noir.  After the discussion we eat a dessert.  Tonight’s was a lovely cheese cake from Albertsons bakery with a cup of decaf coffee.  We left early and I was home by 9:30.

Suzette had attended a house concert at Bev’s house by a French Argentinian band named Engine and was just washing her face when I arrived.

We were both in bed by 10:00.

Smaller portions of healthy food and moderate exercise seem to be helping me get my body back in shape, forgetting the hot chocolate and sandwiches to stoke the carbs and sugar.

I awakened a bit after 2:00 and blogged and drank water for a while.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment