Friday, March 22, 2019

March 22, 2019 Lunch – Church St. Café. Dinner – New Recipe. Grilled Sweet Italian Sausages Zuddles and Spaghetti seasoned with Sorrel Pesto

March 22, 2019 Lunch – Church St. Café. Dinner – New Recipe. Grilled Sweet Italian Sausages Zuddles and Spaghetti seasoned with Sorrel Pesto

I started with granola, yogurt, milk, blueberries and banana slices.

I met Marie at Church Street at 11:30 I ate a carne adovado plate with corn tortillas and two eggs over easy with papas.  I loved it.  I finally have returned to my favorite dish at Church Street.

After lunch I went home and watched the news of the delivery of the Mueller report.  At 5:00 I decided to make spaghetti sauce with Italian Sausages, onion, garlic, ground beef, mushrooms, and fresh tomatoes for tomorrow night’s dinner.  I chopped all those ingredients and sautéed the meat and then the onion and garlic and added six chopped fresh Roma tomatoes then at 6:00 went to Lowe’s and bought two 24 oz. cans of pasta sauce.

When I returned home Suzette decided to make sorrel pesto and sauté two sausages and make zuddles by cutting thin strips of zucchini with a cheese slicer and heating it with some PPI spaghetti and seasoning the noodles with the fresh pesto.

Suzette went to the garden and harvested a basket of sorrel leaves.  She them processed them in the Cuisinart with piñon nuts, raisins, olive oil, and grated Pecorino-Romano cheese.  The result was a lovely fresh slightly tangy pesto.  She cooked the zuddles with the spaghetti in the microwave and then tossed the noodles with pesto.  She put ½ of the noodles in each of two pasta bowls and lay a sautéed sausage on each pile of pasta.  The fresh zuddles and spaghetti mixed with the fresh pesto and chunks of sausage tasted fantastically fresh.






We shared the last of the peach ice cream Susan gave us and the blueberry clafoutis later as we watched a movie.

After dinner I added about seven or eight sliced mushrooms and a sliced zucchini to the spaghetti sauce plus an extra sausage diced and the two cans of pasta sauce and simmered the sauce for about an hour.

This was one of the best pasta dinners I have eaten in a very long time.

We finished the Spanish Tempranillo Crianza and then I opened a bottle of Aquino Chianti Reserva.
Both bottles were bought at Trader Joe’s.



We may mix zuddles and spaghetti again tomorrow evening or dinner.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment