Wednesday, March 6, 2019

March 6, 2019 Lunch – Capo’s. Dinner – BBQ Pork and Sauerkraut on a baked potato with steamed String Beans

March 6, 2019 Lunch – Capo’s. Dinner – BBQ Pork and Sauerkraut on a baked potato with steamed String Beans

This was an interesting food day.

I ate ½ bagel with cream cheese and slices of aged Swiss Emmenthaler cheese at 10:00.

Peter arrived a bit after 11:00 with a desire to eat pasta.  I had a doctor’s appointment at 1:30, so I drove us to Capo’s at the corner of 8th and Central.  I had not been to Capo’s in years, even though it is only 7 blocks from the house.

Peter ordered Fettucine Carbonera and I ordered the Thursday special for lunch, Eggplant Parmigiana with spaghetti.  We ordered an order of garlic bread for $2.00 extra.  There is a daily special for every day of the week for $6.99.  I loved the eggplant parmigiana.  It was an egg  battered thin slice of eggplant sautéed to golden served with a small pile of spaghetti with marinara sauce.  I loved it and could not finish it.  The portion was more than adequate for lunch.

I will return on a Monday for the daily special, my favorite, lasagna.

I worked from 9:00 until 11:00:  3:00 until 6:00 and from 8:00 until 10:00 on a real estate transaction.

Suzette has said she would bring home a chicken but did not.  Instead she added some BBQ sauce to the PPI Pork and Sauerkraut and heated it.  We steamed the last of the green beans and heated two baked potatoes and Suzette smothered the baked potatoes with BBQ Pork and we garnished the dish with slices of aged cheddar and served the dish with steamed green beans for a really creative and tasty dinner.  And we still have have a casserole of PPI BBQ Pork.


We drank bottles of Dos Equis beer with dinner

I ate several chocolate donuts and ice cream after dinner with cups of Earl Grey tea  and then went back to work.

An exciting food day with the re-discovery of Capo’s and their excellent food quality for a reasonable price for lunch.  Peter’s dinner portion of Carbonara was $12.95 I think.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment