Tuesday, March 5, 2019

March 5, 2019 Lunch – Four Sandwiches. Dinner – Rockfish In Foil

March 5, 2019 Lunch – Four Sandwiches.  Dinner – Rockfish In Foil

At 8:45 I made a steak, asparagus, mushroom, shallot and cheese Omelet with the PPI sautéed mushrooms and last ½ shallot from last night’s dinner plus some PPI steak and an asparagus chopped and halved.  After those ingredients softened  I whipped two eggs and added them to fill a large skillet with egg and lay slices of Jarlsberg cheese on ½ of the surface.  When the egg firmed I flipped one side onto the other to cook the inside and melt the cheese.  I toasted a slice of whole wheat bread and spread butter and boysenberry jam on it and made a cup of tea and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast.



It was a lucky strategy to have a big breakfast because I worked non-stop until almost 4:00 on three different cases.

At 4:00 I made four open face sandwiches, two with Herring in wine sauce on sour cream on slices of toasted rye bread, one on toasted rye bread spread with mayonnaise and tomato slices with a beer.  After the first three I decided I would ride my bike, so I had a peanut butter and jam on a slice of toasted whole wheat bread with a cup of tea.

I worked a bit more and then at 5:15 I rode my bike three or four miles north on Park to the Country Club, then north on Tingley to Central, where I turned onto bike path and rode south to Marquez.  I then turned around and rode back home.

Shortly after I arrived at home Suzette called to tell me she was on her way to Costco to grocery shop for the Center.


I made guacamole while I waited for her with the meat of three small avocados, four small minced cloves of garlic, about a T. of finely minced poblano chile, 1/8 tsp. of salt, chopped cilantro, three T. of finely diced yellow onion, and the juice of three small Mexican limes.

She arrived around 7:00. After she unloaded the perishable groceries into the fridge she came.  I had partially thawed the rockfish I bought Last Wednesday.  We decided to make Rockfish in Foil, a delicious dish that is easy to prepare.  The secret is to use two lengths of aluminum foil.  You lay two pieces of foil long enough to hold a fish filet.  Then Suzette halved a stalk of asparagus lengthwise and lay the two long strips of asparagus in the foil pocket she had made by crimping the ends of the aluminum foil a bit to create a depression.  She then lay a fish filet on top of the asparagus and added tomato slices, radish slices, a slice of sweet lime, strips of poblano pepper,  strips of fresh carrot, and finally slices of butter and a dash of white wine.  The edges of foil are then folded together and crimped to create a sealed pouch and baked for approximately 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Here is a picture of a foil pocket suzette made before they it baked.


 The ingredients can vary based upon availability and your taste.  We sometimes add cooked rice.  Tonight Suzette heated a PPI baked potato that she cut into pieces and added to her pouch after the foil pouch was cooked.  Suzette heated corn tortillas for me, and I made fish tacos with my fish.

Willy joined us a little bi t after 8:00, just as we removed the pouches from the oven.

Here are two pictures of the resulting dish after the foil is opened.




Willy ate his dinner with chips and guacamole.


We drank drinks. Mine was a light gin and tonic, Suzette had a scotch and Willy drank water.

Willy told us about his trip to Mexico City, which was a reunion of friends from UBC in Vancouver.

At 8:30 Willy said goodnight.

We went to bed at 9:00, I to blog and a Suzette to sleep after her 12 hour work day.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment