Sunday, March 3, 2019

March 3, 2019 Lunch – Clam and Dumpling Soup. Dinner – Grilled Duck Breast with Sautéed Green Beans and Broccoli CousCous

March 3, 2019 Lunch – Clam and Dumpling Soup. Dinner – Grilled Duck Breast with Sautéed Green Beans and Broccoli CousCous

A Wonderful Day it started with English Premier League and the Sunday Morning news programs and ½ of a wholewheat bagel with cream cheese and slices of red onion and Lax.  Then I weeded ½ of one of the raised beds.

Before Suzette left to go shopping we discussed dinner and settled on duck breasts with the PPI Broccoli Couscous with green beans, so Suzette fetched a package of four duck breasts from the freezer in the garage and I fetched the sour cherry sauce Billy made for our Friday night meal on February 1 in Taos.

At 1:00 I made a simple soup with the PPI cooked clams and clam broth from last weekend.  I added five chicken dumplings, two fish balls, a T. of chopped red onion, the rest of the bok choy, and a bit of lime juice and sweet chili sauce.  Soon after I finished the soup around 2:00 Suzette returned from shopping.  She ate the PPI Bobby Flay Chicken thigh with mashed potatoes while I lay down to read the new book club selection, The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Gailbraith, but I soon fell asleep and napped until 4:30.

It was a bit windy, so instead of riding I pruned several rose bushes in the back yard.

At 6:00 It was beginning to get too dark to prune and I stopped when Suzette said she was starting the grill.

When I went to the kitchen I found that Suzette was already sautéing  the Broccoli Couscous and had snapped and added about 1/3 lb. of green beans to the skillet.  The only left for me to do was to reduce the heat and stir the skillet and fetch a wine.  Suzette said she wanted a Pinot Noir.  The only every day one we had upstairs was a Charles Shaw 2017 Organic Pinot Noir, which I opened.  It tasted great, light flavorful Pinot.  I shall buy more, especially since I think Trader Joe’s still has them priced at $3.99.

In about twenty minutes Suzette brought the grilled breasts in.  I took my seat at the table and poured glasses of Pinot.  It was a lovely simple dinner.  I think duck is my favorite meat, especially with a lovely light vegetable and Billy’s wonderful sour cherry sauce and a decent Pinot.





After dinner I cut pieces of French Brie and Humboldt Fog that we nibbled as we sipped the last of the Pinot.




Willy called from the airport and I picked him up and took him home and returned in time to watch Tom climb El Capitan free solo.

I was started by the selection of movies on TV.  While I pruned Suzette watched Pineapple Express.  During dinner we tuned into the National Geographic Channel and watch the last half of a program on a Year in Yosemite with amazing footage of its animal inhabitants.  Then even more amazingly was the premier of Free Solo, the academy Award winning documentary about the first person the climb the 3200 foot high face of El Capitan in Yosemite without any rope, free hand.  I loved the film and the guy was amazing.  I highly recommend Free Solo.

Then at 9:00 Suzette went to bed and I had the opportunity to watch Children of Men again.  It is a brilliant movie, if a bit apocalyptic.  I love it and went to bed to blog at 11:00.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment