Wednesday, March 20, 2019

March 19, 2019 Lunch – Azuma. Dinner – Artichokes and PPI Corned Beef and Cabbage

March 19, 2019 Lunch – Azuma. Dinner – Artichokes and PPI Corned Beef and Cabbage

I did not eat breakfast.  Suzette stayed in town today so we planned to meet for lunch.  When she called at 11:30 to tell me she had finished her appointment she mentioned sushi, so I suggested Azuma because she was in the Journal Center.

I arrived at noon ahead of her by about 15 minutes.  Since I eat slowly I ordered my favorite lunch, Chirashi Donburi, with salmon, Aji tuna, ultra white, yellowtail and octopus. Chirashi is slices of raw fish and cooked octopus served on a bed of sushi rice.  Here is a photo:

When Suzette arrived she ordered a Caterpillar roll with enoki inside the roll and slices of avocado on the outside of the roll and an enoki roll wrapped in a sheet of nori seaweed.  We drank green tea and had a leisurely high protein lunch.  It was good to be back at Azuma.

After lunch I worked until 4:00 when Suzette arrived I boiled two Artichokes for 1 hour and 15 minutes as  I took the servSafe test to renew my alcohol pourer’s license.  Then we went to the garden and I pruned the two rose bushes by the pond.

At 6:00 Suzette suggested we eat the PPI corned beef and cabbage.  She fetched the corn beef and a lemon.  I made a dipping sauce for the artichoke by combining the juice of ½ of the lemon, a small handful of chopped fresh dill from our garden, and ½ cup of prepared mayo.

Suzette heated the corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots and its briny pickling sauce.  Suzette heated pieces of the soda bread Susan brought us on last Saturday evening, when we served the corn beef for dinner to her and Charlie.



Willy came at around 8:00 and ate a bowl of the corn beef and vegetables.  We talked until 9:15 when he said goodnight.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment