Tuesday, March 19, 2019

March 18, 2019 Lunch – Spaghetti. Dinner – New Recipe Steamer oven cooked Pork Steak Garnished with a Mustard Boysenberry Mayonnaise Sauce and served with a baked stuffed Acorn Squash and Catalan Spinach

March 18, 2019 Lunch – Spaghetti. Dinner – New Recipe Steamer oven cooked Pork Steak Garnished with a Mustard Boysenberry Mayonnaise Sauce and served with a baked stuffed Acorn Squash and Catalan Spinach

What a fun food day.  I ate granola, yogurt, milk, blueberries, and banana slices for breakfast.

At 1:00 I heated PPI spaghetti from last night garnished with the delicious PPI Spaghetti Sauce I made last week for a wonderful lunch, after which I thawed two pork sirloin steaks.


After a few chocolate chocolate chip cookies I rode my bike to Campbell Rd. at 3:00.

At 4:40 I drove to the bank and the Sprouts where I bought 6 Sweet Italian Sausages for $1.99/lb., 2.5 lb. of grass fed 85% fat free ground beef for $2.99/lb., medium tofu, a cucumber, Bananas, and Asparagus for $1.98/lb.

I returned home a bit before 6:00. Suzette was home and we discussed dinner.  We finally decided to sauté the pork steaks and bake the stuffed acorn squash Suzette made on Saturday and to make Catalan spinach with diced apples, onions, and piñon nuts.

I was called away to show the building a bit before 6:30. As I left I placed a bottle of Emma Reinhard French 100% Pinot Noir rose in the fridge. I did not return until almost 7:00, by which time Suzette was cooking the pork steaks on a rack in the steam cooking oven, and was baking the acorn squash, and ha chopped a pile of onion and apple and had the bag of onion nuts at the ready.  When I returned I Suzette washed a large handful of spinach and stir fried it in the wok with the apples, onions, and pine nuts in olive oil.
While Suzette stir fried I made a sauce for the pork steak with 1 T. Of Grey Poupon Mustard, 2 T. of prepared mayonnaise, and ½ T. of Boysenberry jam.

When Suzette plated the dishes the plates were particularly lovely, with a round of yellow acorn squash stuffed with dark brown chopped figs, Apple, and walnuts, a pile of green Catalan spinach, with its flecks of golden brown pinons, apples and onion, and the pork steak covered with a lovely light mauve colored sauce.

A beautiful plate of food


We loved our new recipe of steamer cooked pork with a mustard fruit mayonnaise sauce.

When everything was ready I opened the rose and poured glasses with ice cubes to chill it.

We watched a particularly good session of Rachel Maddow featuring newly discovered dirt on several new Trump associates, subpoena searches of Trump’s former attorney, and the delivery of 10s of thousands of documents to the House Committee on oversight.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment