Wednesday, March 20, 2019

March 20, 2019 Lunch – Spaghetti with Lamb and eggplant stew and Tzatziki. Dinner – Roasted Chicken, Acorn Squash stuffed with figs and walnuts and steamed Asparagus

March 20, 2019 Lunch – Spaghetti with Lamb and eggplant stew and Tzatziki. Dinner – Roasted Chicken, Acorn Squash stuffed with figs and walnuts and steamed Asparagus

I started with a bowl of granola, milk, yogurt, blueberries, and banana slices at 8:00.

At 1:00 I heated a bowl of spaghetti garnished with a handful of spinach leaves and the PPI Lang and eggplant stew we made several days ago.  After it was reheated in the microwave I added the rest of the lovely Tzatziki Cynthia made for our party for Melissa about ten days ago.

After lunch I drove to El Super and bought toothpicks, a grapefruit, red and yellow onions, parsley, 3 small avocados, corn chips, green beans, limes, lemons, Zucchini, Persian cucumbers, and Roma tomatoes all for $15.00.

After I went to the Post Office and the bank and then drove home and checked the Market.  Amazingly the Dow was down ½% but my portfolio was up ½% thanks to Apple, Facebook, and Google.  A rare and delightful day.

I called Suzette and asked her to bring home a roasted chicken and she did, so Dinner was exceedingly easy.  We reheated the two PPI stuffed acorn squash and then the leg quarters of the chicken and steamed about twenty stalks of young tender asparagus I had bought at Sprouts the other day.



I poured glasses of Le Ferme Julien white from the Southern Rhone Valley made with Maryanne and Roussane grapes ($5.99 at Trader Joe’s).  A dry pleasant drink of wine, especially for the money.

We loved our quick, easy and delicious dinner made with almost no effort.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment