Saturday, October 6, 2018

October 5 and 6, 2018. Dinner – Buffalo Bourguignon and oven Roasted Cauliflower

October 5 and 6, 2018. Dinner – Buffalo Bourguignon and oven Roasted Cauliflower

On October 5 I was admitted to Presbyterian Hospital to address an excessively high level of ketone in my body caused by the bug I got on my trip that caused diarrhea and dehydration.  Essentially I lay in bed while they ran saline solution brought my veins to clear as much ketone out as possible.  As the ketone levels diminished I felt better and last Saturday afternoon at 2:00.  

When we got home Luke was making buffalo Bourguignon with diced buffalo, carrots, potatoes, rosemary, water, red wine, and cipolini onions.

Luke left to take a walk in the East mountains and we took over.  At about 5:30 we added about ½ lb. of quartered white mushrooms.

Willy brought a Bosque Bakery baguette and Suzette baked a whole head of cauliflower and seasoned it with brown butter.

I put a handful of fresh spinach into each of four plates and then Suzette ladled stew on top.


Suzette put a whole head of cauliflower into a pie plate filled to about 1/3 inch with water and baked the whole head in the oven for about 1 hour.



We opened a bottle of 2013 Chateau Roudier from Montange-St. Emillion and we ate a lovely dinner.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment