Sunday, October 21, 2018

October 21, 2018 Lunch- Chard, sausage and egg Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops and Asparagus with rice and Ratatouille

October 21, 2018 Lunch- Chard, sausage and egg  Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops and Asparagus with rice and Ratatouille

I ate granola, tropical fruit salad, and yogurt for breakfast.

Luke made us lunch, a sauté of patty sausages, diced Italian sausage, and chard served with a fried egg over easy, 1/2 of a baked delicate squash, and roasted baby potatoes.  We drank diluted apple juice with it.


After lunch Luke left for the east side of the mountains and Willy left to play soccer.

I peeled Quince while a Suzette rigged a new contraption to cover the pond with plastic mesh on a pvc frame.

Al Shoman came by and closed down the swamp coolers.  We gave him a bag of quinces and a cowrie Shell.

I watched Dallas lose to Washington and then we made dinner.

We decided to use as much prepared and available stuff as we could. I snapped 16 asparagus and Suzette grilled them with the remaining 7 lamb chops.  I heated the rice we made last night in a Pyrex loaf pan in the microwave and Suzette heated the PPI Ratatouille in a sauce pan.


I opened a really good 2013 Cotes Du Rhone Village and toasted a slice of bread for Willy who joined us again for dinner at 6:00. It was an interesting wine but I still have not regained my taste for wine.





After dinner Suzette diced and flambeed the baked apples with Calvados and served us each a bowl with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a tasty dessert.




I rested as much as possible and began feeling better this evening.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment