Wednesday, October 17, 2018

October 16, 2018 Lunch – Taj Mahal. Dinner – Roasted Chicken and baby potatoes with steamed asparagus and Hollandaise Sauce

October 16, 2018 Lunch – Taj Mahal. Dinner – Roasted Chicken and baby potatoes with steamed asparagus and Hollandaise Sauce

I made a pork sausage, green onion, Manchego cheese, and mushroom omelet with two eggs for breakfast.


I went to the dentist at noon and then Luke and I went to Taj Mahal for lunch.  Everything was as it has always been, which is the highest compliment I can bestow on a restaurant of the quality of Taj.








We savored every bite of tandoori chicken, tikka Marsala, chicken curry with potatoes, saag paneer, and beef meatballs in a tamarind chutney.  Luke drank a cup of chai, which we both agreed was flavored with anise.

Luke drove us to the Apple Store, where he had a disastrous experience trying to get his Mac Book repaired, which will probably alienate him from Apple forever.

Then we went home and I discovered that my portfolio had one of its best days of the year.

I called a Suzette to ask her to bring home a roasted chicken, which she did.

Suzette called around 4:00 and per her request, I roasted a cookie sheet full of the baby potatoes we bought at Costco on Sunday and a head of garlic cloves doused with olive oil.

Suzette came home a bit before 5:00 with a chicken while I was out walking.  When I returned we made a hollandaise sauce with 1 1/2 T. of lemon juice, 1 T.of water, 3 egg yolks beaten and slowly heated as we added 6 T. of cold butter and a few tarragon leaves.

We then steamed about 12 asparagus ($1.48/lb. at Sprouts and I opened a bottle of Famille Perrin
Reserve 2013 Cotes Du Rhone ($8.99 at Trader Joe’s).


Later we ate ½ of a baked apple with ice cream.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment