Thursday, October 18, 2018

October 18, 2018 Lunch – Taj Mahal. Dinner – Vietnamese Miso Chicken Noodle and Wonton Soup

October 18, 2018 Lunch – Taj Mahal. Dinner – Vietnamese Miso Chicken Noodle and Wonton Soup

I ate a bowl of granola, milk, yogurt, and grapes for breakfast.

Karim came by to finish a transaction and we decided to go to lunch.  I had also invited Aaron to lunch earlier, so when Karim said he wanted some protein I immediately thought of Taj Mahal since it is one of Karim and Aaron’s favorites.







We enjoyed the usual good lunch.  Today there was baked squash as well as beef curry, instead of beef meatballs, so a bit different menu.  I still found all my favorites; tikka Marsala chicken, saag, tandoori chicken, riata, plus the two new items.

We each stuffed ourselves taking two plates and I accepted a small bowl f mango pudding also.  So I was really full and not very hungry for dinner.

On the way home after lunch I stopped at El Super and bought limes ($.89/2 lb.), red and brown onions and a nice pumpkin ($.33/lb.), yellow squash for $.50/lb., radishes, a cucumber, a dozen whole wheat tortillas, and Mexican green onions ($.33 per bunch).  A bit over $8.00 for all of the items.

At 4:00 I lay down but was awaken at 5:30 by Suzette who reminded me that there was a release party at Gruet for two new champagnes this evening.  When we arrived at 6:00 there were only a handful of people, so we pulled seats up to the bar and tasted about ten champagnes, including the newly released Grande Reserve 2014, the 2012 Cuvée Laurent Gruet that is in triage for six years instead of five, a lovely 2011 Blanc de Blanc, the 2014 sausage, the regular 2012 Blanc de Blanc, and finally a yet to be finished 100% Pinot Meunière, which apparently is grown at the Tamaya vineyard on the Sandia Reservation.
It was a lovely evening of wine tasting.

We nibbled on cheese, crackers, and salami, so we’re not very hungry when we went home at 7:30.

We decided to add ingredients to the PPI Vietnamese Miso Chicken Noodle Soup I made yesterday.  Suzette added the chicken stock she made plus chicken wontons and I added spinach leaves and finely sliced a green onion.  The soup was even better than yesterday’s version.  It was a perfect dinner in our cold house.


We watched Boston beat Houston to advance to the World Series and went to bed.

Suzette had a bowl of ice cream with chocolate syrup for dessert, but I was still stuffed from lunch.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment