Monday, October 29, 2018

October 29, 2018 Lunch – Vietnam 2000 Dinner – Bobby Flay Chicken with Mint Sauce, Mashed Potatoes and Carrots and steamed asparagus

October 29, 2018 Lunch – Vietnam 2000  Dinner – Bobby Flay Chicken with Mint Sauce, Mashed Potatoes and Carrots and steamed asparagus

I ate yogurt, granola, milk, and grapes for breakfast.

We went to Los Lunas for a meeting and on our way back decided to go to Vietnam 2000 for lunch.  Vietnam 2000 prepares all types of noodle dishes better than any other Vietnamese restaurant in Albuquerque, in my opinion.  I am particularly fond of their steaming hot egg rolls with pork.

Today Aaron ordered stir fried egg noodles with mung bean sprouts, shrimp, zucchini, and broccoli and I ordered No. 48, which is a wonderful dish that I only find at Vietnam 2000.  It is a layer of wide rice flour sheets laid on top of sautéed mung bean sprouts, cucumber and carrot threads, and chopped herbs and on top of the flour sheets are laid two quartered fried egg rolls and eight or ten slices of shrimp sausage, piping hot, plus a medley of chopped herbs, peanuts, and fried shallot.  The dish is served with a bowl of fish sauce to loosen the noodles.  Both dishes were wonderful.


          My half eaten plate of flour sheets, sautéed vegetables, and egg rolls and shrimp sausage

After lunch at 2:00 Aaron drove me home and I napped until 4:30 when Suzette arrived.  We took a walk and did some tree yoga in Forest Park and decided to prepare Bobby Flay Chicken.  When we came home I went to the garden and picked a large handful of fresh mint.

I chopped the mint and Suzette made the mint sauce with spinach instead of parsley and ¼ poblano chili instead of a Serrano chili, and CBD honey, Dijon mustard, 4 cloves of fresh garlic, and olive oil processed in the Cuisinart into a smooth sauce.

While Suzette made the chicken, I peeled and diced two carrots and four russet potatoes that Suzette boiled and mashed.  Finally she steamed asparagus.

At about 6:30 Willy and Luke arrived and we ate dinner.  We drank beers with the slightly spicy chicken

Everyone enjoyed dinner.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment