Wednesday, May 9, 2018

May 9, 2018 Lunch – Padilla’s Dinner – Open faced sandwiches

May 9, 2018 Lunch – Padilla’s  Dinner – Open faced sandwiches

Breakfast – Toasted Onion bagel spread with cream cheese and layers of Lax and red onion with capers and a cup of green tea

Peter Eller stopped in around 10:00 to invite me to lunch.  I agreed but took a bike ride to Rio Bravo and showered while he ran errands until noon.

When Peter returned we drove to Padilla’s on Girard near Indian School.  He ordered a stack of blue corn enchiladas with beef and red sauce.  I ordered the chili Relleno plate with double beans.  Padilla’s s my new favorite New Mexican Restaurant.  Peter noted the only weakness; I am almost convinced they se the same for their chili Relleno that they use for their sopapillas, which gives them a softer more porous crust than many other batters made with more egg.

Alas, I like Padilla’s rellenos better than any others in Albuquerque.




Peter’s blue corn enchilada were very traditional and good served with a thick red sauce.

After I returned home and said goodbye to Peter and worked a bit, I fell into bed for a two hour nap.

When I awoke at 4:45 I watched some news, such as the results of the auction of David Rockefeller’s art collection, ¼ of which brought $647 million.

I then went to meditate and afterwards, went to the neighborhood Annual meeting at the Country Club.

When I returned home around 9:00 I made two open faced sandwiches.  I toasted a slice of German Sourdough sandwich bread and spread it with sour cream and lay a slice of red onion on it and then dotted it with four pieces of pickled Danish herring I bought at Talin on Sunday.  I spread butter on a round of Swedish rye hard bread and lay slices of Jarlsberg cheese on it. I drank a cup of green tea with the sandwiches while Suzette soaked in the hot tub.

After I ate I drove to El Super and shopped.  Red Onions, Roma tomatoes, and bananas were 3 lb. for $.99. Bunches of Mexican grilling onions and avocados were 3 for $.99.  Mexican squash and limes were 2lb. For $.99. Cucumbers and bunches of cilantro were 4 for $.99.  ½ lb. boxes of white mushrooms were $.99.  I bought all of the above.  I then purchased panels fresh cheese for $2.99/lb., 35 to 40 count heads off shrimp for $5.49/lb. and finally smoked pork chops for $2.99/lb.

I got home and unpacked around 10:30.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment