Wednesday, May 30, 2018

May 30, 2018 Lunch – PPI Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables. Dinner – Salmon tacos with Cole slaw and mango salsa

May 30, 2018 Lunch – PPI Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables. Dinner – Salmon tacos with Cole slaw and mango salsa

Another pleasant, easy food day.

Yogurt, granola, milk, blueberries and sliced banana for breakfast.

For lunch I heated yesterday’s PPI lunch of fried tofu and mixed Vegetables.  There was more left than I had eaten so I ate much less steamed white rice today and enjoyed lunch immensely.

I then went to the bank.  After the bank I worked until 5:00, then watched the business news.  I had a good day in the market, even though some analyst down graded AAPL.  It must be a very strong stock, because it only dropped $.40.

At 5:15 I ate a snack of peanut butter on the rest of the banana from breakfast and then as Suzette arrived a toasted slice of whole wheat bread buttered and spread with Bavarian sweet mustard and layered with two slices of liverwurst and three slices of cucumber.  Suzette made herself a snack of liverwurst and sliced cucumber sans the bread.

At 5:45 I went to meditation.

I returned home from meditation in time to see the last five minutes of period 1 of the second Stanley Cup Finals game.  Willy arrived and he made mango salsa with chopped mango, avocado, and red onion, and lime juice, while Suzette made Cole slaw with a bit of Padilla chili.

Suzette then chopped about 1 lb. of a salmon filet into chunks that she bought at Costco yesterday, then dusted the chunks with flour, salt, and pepper and finally fried the chunks in a skillet filled to about 1/3 inch with canola oil.

She also heated about a dozen small corn tortillas.  I fetched beers from the garage and we enjoyed a lovely fresh fish taco meal.  As Suzette says, “The coleslaw makes the tacos, San Diego style fish tacos.”

Here is a picture of my plate.



As you can see I eat my tacos open faced, which increases the proportion of fish to tortillas.

I ate ½ of an apple and an orange and a cup of tea with a chocolate truffle after dinner.

Bon Appetit

 

No comments:

Post a Comment