Wednesday, May 9, 2018

May 8, 2018 A fun day of seafood. Lunch – PPI chirashi. Dinner – Lobster Salad

May 8, 2018 A fun day of seafood. Lunch – PPI chirashi. Dinner – Lobster Salad

The usual biodynamic breakfast with tropical fruit salad, yogurt, and granola.

At 11:00 I drove to Home Depot for cedar boards and Costco for a salmon filet, a chocolate mousse dessert for a Willy’s birthday party, a bottle of French Carianne wine, and eggs.

When I returned home at noon I plated the ½ of my chirashi lunch I did not eat yesterday.  I was equally delicious as yesterday’s lunch.


I prepared a teriyaki marinade by heating 1/3 cup each of sake, soy sauce, and Aji Mirin plus 1 T. of sugar.  When the teriyaki sauce had cooled I put the salmon filet in a bag and added the teriyaki marinade and put it in the mea section.

I talked to Willy about a birthday party for him in the afternoon and we decided to shift his birthday dinner to Thursday.

Suzette arrived home at 5:30.  Since Willy’s party was not to be tonight, we were free do do what we wanted which was to pick the meat from the lobster and make a salad and a stock.  She also make a pan of potato cottage fried

I picked the meat while Suzette by supplementing the salad from last night with fresh lettuce picked from our garden and adding a diced tomato and lobster meat, and cottage fried potatoes.  I made a remoulade sauce with  1/2 shallot, juice of ¼ lemon, 2/3 cup f mayonnaise, 2 T. of catsup, and 1 T. of horseradish.  Suzette dressed the salads with the remoulade sauce.  I opened a bottle of King Family
Pinot Gris from Oregon and poured glasses ($14.99 at Costco).


We took our salads and wine to the table in the garden under the gazebo and enjoyed a simple but elegant dinner.

The lobster was so rich and abundant that Suzette did not finish her salad.

After dinner we watched the news while sipping Calvados and cognac  and nibbling chocolate truffles (Trader Joe’ s $2.99).

Today Avenatti released a summary of over $4,000,000 in payments to Michael Cohen’s LLC that made the contract with Stormy Daniels that included evidence of a payment from a company controlled by a Russian oligarch of $500,000, after the election, which raises questions about whether Trump and Cohen were involved in bribery of a public official.

I picked about 1 lb. of lobster meat, so we had lobster meat left after making the salads.  I divided it between the lobster stock pot, Suzette’s PPI salad, which I dressed with the remaining Remoulade Sauce, and added the rest to the PPI Lobster Thermidor that we will freshen up with more stock or cream sauce and an enrichment for another Lobster Thermidor dinner.

So we will get at least four fabulous meals out of the 5 lb. of lobsters.

Bon Appetit@ p


No comments:

Post a Comment