Saturday, May 26, 2018

May 25, 2018 Lunch – Salad. Dinner – Grilled Elk Burgers and Asparagus with Cole slaw


May 25, 2018 Lunch – Salad. Dinner – Grilled Elk Burgers and Asparagus  with Cole slaw

The usual breakfast of yogurt, milk, blueberries, and granola.

I worked at Bill’s office from 10:00 to noon, then went home, and made a salad with lettuce from the garden, a diced tomato, approx. 3 oz. of grilled steak, 1/3 of a cucumber, two sliced green onions, a sliced avocado, a few dried black olives and a bit of grated cheese.  I ate the last piece of fullkorrns bread with water. A simple satisfying lunch.


I worked until 5:30 and then went to the bank and then to Sprouts, where I bought a fresh cod filet for $7.99/lb., an eggplant and a head of celery for $.88 each, a gallon of milk, and 18 eggs.

I arrived home at 6:30 at the same time as Suzette.  Suzette had not eaten all day so we immediately started cooking.  Suzette made dinner while cleaned a few dishes to clear the sink and poured us wines.

She formed the lb. of ground elk into two large and one small patty and we cleaned and snapped some asparagus that were turning yellow and droopy.

Suzette then shuck the asparagus in a freezer bag with olive oil, salt and pepper to coat them and then grilled the asparagus and elk burgers and added a slice of blue cheese after the flip. She then plated the burgers and asparagus and added the last of the Cole slaw she made last Sunday for the tacos and I sliced an avocado for a lovely plate of food.



I poured Suzette the last of the 2012 Monticello Reserva from Rioja (Costco for about $10.00) and I drank the last of the 2016 Carayon La Rose ($5.99 at Trader Joe’s).

I begun buying 2017 rose wines lately as they become available.  My current favorite is St. Sagnol for $6.99 at Trader Joe’s.  I bought the last bottle the other day and was offered the opportunity to reserve some from the next shipment by an attendant, which I accepted and reserved 6 bottles. I find that fresher roses have more vibrancy and fruitiness and that they loose that over time, so the fresher the better.

We carried our plates and glasses of wine with silverware and napkins and ate a leisurely dinner as we de-compressed from our week of work.

After dinner I got into my pajamas and got in bed.  I am still feeling the ill effects of my bike accident and find it less painful to lie down rather than sit, especially after a day of working from 10:00 to 5:00.

Suzette found the CBD oil and rubbed some into the fall impact zone on  my back and I soon fell asleep.

A pretty usual Friday night except we missed the news as we sat in the garden eating.

I awoke at 11:30 and watched my favorite PBS News Hour and Nightly Business News and wrote this blog and went back to sleep.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment