Monday, May 28, 2018

May 28, 2018 Lunch – Salad. Dinner – PPI Seafood Soup

May 28, 2018 Lunch – Salad. Dinner – PPI Seafood Soup

Back to work for Suzette and me today, so my usual granola, yogurt, grapes, and milk.

Then at noon I picked a basket of ever tougher lettuce and added the tomatoes mozzarella, and red onion left from last night’s Caprese salad, some PPI Vidalia onion slices, seven or eight cracked green olives, a diced slice of Swiss cheese, a hard boiled egg, and some BBQ pork from yesterday’s PPI ribs.  My new motto is “Protein is Good.”

I ate the salad in the garden.

I worked until 3:00 when Suzette arrived home from work.  We drove to Home Depot to buy a few things and returned home when we discovered that Costco was closed.

At 5:00 I ate the last of the artichoke and Suzette ate two deviled eggs. At 5:30 we decided to heat the Seafood soup for dinner.  Suzette fetched it and heated it. I  then fetched the beet greens from the garage and sliced the leaves that were still tender into bite sized pieces and added them to the soup. In fifteen minutes the soup was fully heated.  Suzette made a mixture of an avocado and crema to thicken the soup.  I fetched fried onion and garnished my soup with a couple of spoonfuls of fried onion. I toasted and buttered a slice of whole wheat bread and ate it with the soup.

 We drank glasses of Presidente Grenache and Viognier white wine from Cotes du Rhone.

A pretty simple day of food but all delicious.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment