Thursday, May 24, 2018

May 24, 2018 Lunch – Amerasia Dim Sum. Dinner – Seafood Soup

May 24, 2018 Lunch – Amerasia Dim Sum.  Dinner – Seafood Soup

I ate yogurt, milk, blueberries, and granola for breakfast.

Then at 11:40 I drove to Amerasia and met Suzette at noon.  We started with the deep fried Tofu, steamed buns and beef and water chestnut dumplings.  We the later took chicken and peanut dumplings.

   Three dim sum dishes: tofu in bowl, two steamed buns and three beef and water chestnut dumplings 
This is a photo of 1/2 of a steamed bun dipped in soy and chili oil with the BBQ pork and red bean filling exposed.

That was more than enough food for both of us.

Amerasia is the best dim sum restaurant in Albuquerque, which probably makes it the best dim sum in the state.

I worked until 4:00 and watched a Mad Money.  At 4:30 I decided against elk burgers in favor of seafood soup for three reasons.  We had lobster broth, scallops and shrimp and chicken stock that needed to be used before they went bad.

I started by fetching a bottle of Carayon Rose from the basement and chilling it.  The I diced two carrots, three stalks of celery, a small head of garlic, the leaves from a stalk fennel and a large Vidalia onion.  I heated the gallon of chicken stock with ½ gallon of water and added the vegetables.  After about an hour I added a diced Mexican squash and then four diced mushrooms.  Then Suzette added the scallops, shrimp, and the diced salmon filets.

While Suzette made a cream sauce with the lobster broth and cream and added it to the soup, I went to the garden and picked about 15 stalks of thyme.  I removed the leaves and flowers from the stems and added them to the soup.

I had invited Willy to join us for dinner. He said he would arrive at 7:00, so we tried to finish the soup by 7:00.  At around 6:40 suzette and I decided to add the kernels from an ear of corn, to make the soup a chowder.

When Willy arrived we fetched the good soup bowls and filled them with soup and filled wine glasses with 2016 Carayon rose wine from Languedoc (the west side of the Rhone in Southern France.  As distinguished from Pay d’ Oc and Provence on the east side of the Rhone in Southern France.



We took bowls and glasses of wine to the table under the gazebo and enjoyed our light delicious dinner.

It is fun to make a delicious dish such as the seafood soup when you have such wonderful ingredients such as good chicken stock and good lobster stock and sweet Vidalia onions.

I notice the demands my body puts on my diet sometimes.  This is one of those times, healing from an injury.

During such times my body demands nourishment.  I noticed myself eating more yesterday (I ate four meals including a steak dinner) and that I had not taken my vitamins and was beginning to feel fat.  So today I took vitamins and was able to reduce my food consumption to three meals, one of which was a bowl of soup.

What is interesting is that the soup was highly nutritious.  It contained vegetables, high protein seafood, and both chicken and lobster broth.  After one bowl of it I was totally satisfied and then felt my body demanding that I go to bed to rest and give my body time to recuperate.

I have awaken after three hours sleep rested and feeling better.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment