Thursday, May 24, 2018

May 23, 2018 Lunch – Anatolia. Dinner – Grilled Boneless Ribeye steak, Ear of Corn and Mexican Green Onions

May 23, 2018 Lunch – Anatolia. Dinner – Grilled Boneless Ribeye steak, Ear of Corn and Mexican Green Onions

I ate a whole wheat bagel smeared with cream cheese with slices of Jax and red onion for breakfast because I think the fish oil in the salmon makes my joints feel better.

Today Suzette attended a seminar in downtown Albuquerque so we met for lunch at Anatolia at 313 Central NE.

At my suggestion we both ordered the daily special, which today was chicken Shish Kebob.  Chicken Shish Kebob is normally $10.95 but when served as a daily special is $6.99.  The daily special changes daily and is announced on Anatolia’s Facebook page.

We both ordered the dish with double salad and no rice.  It is served with a pita bread, your choice of either hummus or yogurt sauce.




After lunch I drove to the bike coop and picked up my bike.  Then I drove to Trader Joe’s to get some more St. Sagnol rose for $6.99 a bottle.  I also bought a bottle of Gruner Vetliner.

 Afterwards I drove to Ari’s to pick up my repaired Maria pot.  She did a great job. Here is a picture of the pot.



Then I drove to Albertsons to buy boneless ribeye steaks that were on sale for $5.97/lb. this week.   I picked two three packs of 1 ½ inch thick steaks after asking the butcher to bring out more steaks to chose from.  After I picked my two packages the butcher said, “They will be on sale until next Tuesday.”  I thanked him and gladly paid the $35.00 for them. Here is a picture of one of the steaks.

When I got home and unloaded it was 4:00 so I watched Mad Money and the business news and found out the market started negative 165 points turned positive on the Fed notes and ended up 52 and I actually made money today instead of losing money. My portfolio is still positive for the year, although I know it could go negative with a tweet.

At 5:30 I ate the PPI Vietnamese noodles from yesterday’s lunch.

Suzette called at 7:00 to say she was on her way home.  I did very little prep for dinner other than fetch the Mexican green onions and one package of steaks from the garage.

That is not quite correct.  I saw the cooked artichokes in the fridge and decided to eat them as an appetizer/green vegetable, so I went to the garden and plucked a handful of sprigs of dill.  I then mixed prepared mayonnaise with the juice of ½ lemon and a dash of salt and added the chopped dill to make a dipping sauce.

I tried it and liked it but when Suzette arrived she thought it was too lemony, so I added some more mayonnaise and we dipped and stripped artichoke leaves for a while.


When Suzette arrived she was hungry.  I checked the elk and it was still frozen, so we decided to grill a steak, the Mexican onions, and ears of corn on the grill in one swift action.  Suzette took over and I poured glasses of 2012 Marques de Riscal Reserva.

When everything was ready we plated up an ear of corn, three grilled Mexican onions each and I sliced the steak, so we each selected pieces of steak.

The best thing about this meal was the steak.  It was the best tasting beef I have had in a very long time.  Suzette cooked it to rare to medium rare and only salted and peppered it.  I recommend you
buy some at Albertsons.



The wine was interesting also we both agreed that it had a dark mulberry or boysenberry berry taste.
Please note the government label on the back of the bottle certifying the wine is Reserva and produced in Rioja.




I became tired after dinner and lay down a little after 9:00 and Suzette came to bed after she had watched enough news to catch up on the developments of the day.

This spectacle we are seeing every day and the revelations of wrong doing are way more consequential than Watergate for two reasons.  We have a President who is trying to play the media to destruct from the real issues and disrupt the investigation of his wrongdoing and it appears likely that a foreign power was involved in our election process and was successful in throwing the election to Trump.

If those two things were not enough to be historic it also seems like Trump’s coterie of close associates have sold access to U.S. foreign policy for money after he was elected.  The two most recent examples to come to light are the $400,000 payment to Michael Cohen by the government of Ukraine for a hastily convened meeting with Trump in the Oval Office and then a week later Ukraine ended it investigation of Paul Manefort and its sharing information with Mueller.

The other one was The U.S. shifting from its alignment with Saudi Arabia against Qatar to supporting Qatar and renewing the U.S.’ relationship with Qatar after the Qatar sovereign fund agreed to finance The Kushner Group’s 666 5th Ave. property.

That does not even get to a third unseemly transaction involving Saudi Arabia paying an Israeli social media company’s bill for what may have been targeted ads to turn the election toward Trump and the shake down of corporations by Michael Cohen for access to the President that came to light  last week.

It is just awful and shows government can not be healthy if it is rotten at the top.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment