Thursday, July 30, 2026

July 30, 2026 Breakfast - Pain au Chocolate. Lunch - Beef Enchiladas with beans, Book Club. Dinner - Leftover Cashew Chicken and Shrimp and Mixed Vegetables with rice

July 30, 2026 Breakfast - Pain au Chocolate. Lunch - Beef Enchiladas with beans,  Book Club. Dinner - Leftover Cashew Chicken and Shrimp and Mixed Vegetables with rice


I woke up at 7:30 and ate a pain au chocolate with a latte Macchiato with collagen.


Then I listed the five or six quotes from Sense and Sensibility I wanted to read to the group.


I showered and dressed and, at 10:00, I drove to El Super and bought zucchini, Fuji apples, a cucumber, green beans, red onions, 3 small avocados, two eggplants, tomatoes, water chestnuts, a sweet potato, flour, sugar, a Pasilla chili, and a bunch of leeks.


When I returned home at 11:09 I unloaded and walked to Charlie’s at 11:25 and he drove Peter and me to Mary and Tito’s to join the other 5 book club members for lunch. I met our new member Tim who joined Paul and Peter at one booth. Peter ordered a bowl of Red chili, beans, and beef with flour tortillas, Tim ordered a chicken and cheese burrito, Paul ordered a sopapilla stuffed with carne adovado and beans smothered in red chili. I ordered beef enchiladas with double beans and extra onions with red chili. We all liked our orders. Mine had to be sent back to change from all rice to all beans so I finished last.











We then went to my house for the meeting and discussed the book. I served briefly cheese, Gruyere, and goat cheese with slices of French baguette and pistachios and corn chips. I also opened an Faustino Rivera Ulcea Albariño and a Calstar 2014 Sangiacamo Pinot Noir.


We broke up at 4:00 and I watched the news until 5:00. Suzette was hungry and fetched and heated the leftover shrimp with mixed vegetables and cashew chicken with rice that both contained lots of stir fried vegetables. I was still hungry and ate some reheated Lo Mein noodles.




We then watched a Scottish film on Netflix until 7:45 and then an episode of Midsomer Murders.


Suzette heated and served bowls of blueberry bread pudding with cream for dessert around 9:00 and went to bed at 9:30 when it ended.


I stayed up to watch George Gently Detective until 11:00 and then blogged this entry and went to bed around 12:00.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment