July 24, 2026 Breakfast - Lax and Bagel. Dinner - Chicken Enchiladas
I attending a video seminar on water law today from 8:30 to 4:30.
At 9:30 I toasted a bagel, spread it with cream cheese, and garnished it with thin slices of red onion and Gravad lax.
Breakfast was so filling I did not eat any lunch and did not get hungry until 4:30.
Dinner - Suzette worked at home today and went to her exercise class at 9:30 and she had not eaten lunch either, so we decided to make the chicken enchiladas we had planned for dinner.
In the morning I had brought in the 24 oz. container of mild red chili that had partially thawed. Suzette put the chili into a sauce pan and melted itl she then deboned and chopped half of the four chicken leg thighs while I sliced about eight mushrooms and fetched the requeson and Monterrey Jack.
Suzette sliced an onion and then sautéed the sliced onion and mushrooms in oil with an added handful of dried oregano from our garden.
Suzette fetched a Pyrex baking dish abd spread a thin layer of chili on the bottom. We then combined some red chili and chicken stock in a small skillet just large enough to hold a corn tortilla and I soaked six tortillas in the sauce and placed them in a layer on the sauce. Then Suzette laid a layer of mushrooms and onion and poured a bit of red chili and sprinkled the layer with both cheeses.
Then I added six more sauced tortillas and Suzette spread the chopped chicken and cheese on this layer with a bit more chili.
Then I added six more sauced tortillas which got the layers close to the top of the baking dish. There was just enough space left for a sprinkle of ground cojita cheese and a bit more red chili and chicken broth to fully fill the baking dish.
We then baked the enchiladas for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees to melt the cheese and integrate the ingredients. I fetched a Negra Modelo for Suzette and a Bohemia for me and Suzette fetched the container of sour cream and we had a delicious dinner.
I was really tired and went to bed at 8:00, which worked out great because I woke up at 3:00 in time to watch the start of Stage 20 of the Tour.
Bon Appetit




No comments:
Post a Comment