July 26, 2026 Breakfast - Granola. Lunch - Enchiladas and fried eggs Dinner - Sautéed chicken, steamed broccoli, pimiento, onion with a white wine sauce on falafelle pasta
I woke up at 6:30 and ate a bowl of granola with milk, blueberries, yogurt.
At 8:30 I drove to Pres to visit Dana who is waiting for triple bypass heart surgery tomorrow. I found him in good spirits and spent an hour talking with him.
He told me, “My dad survived rhe Batman Death March and later had open heart surgery and made it through both of those, so I think my odds are pretty good.”
At 9:30 I returned home and watched Stage 21 of the Tour, the finish on the Champs Ellysee in Paris. It was a surprisingly exciting finish with the Olympic Road Race Gold medalist, Van DerPoel, winning by a few inches after 50 miles of racing.
Suzette made lunch after the race. She heated the leftover Mary and Tito’s enchiladas and placed fried eggs on them, I lay down after lunch and read Sense and Sensibility but around 2:30 I threw up lunch.
Afterwards I rested until 5:30 when we started dinner with a snack of a slice of toast spread with peanut butter and honey around 5:00. I went to the garden and picked some parsley, two stalks of oregano, four sorrel leaves, and three stalks of thyme.
Dinner - Suzette gathered the ingredients, a can of pimiento, 1/2 of a Vidalia onion, four cloves of garlic. I destemmed and quartered broccoli flowerets from 1/2 head of broccoli and Suzette steamed them. She also boiled a handful of falafelle (bow tie) pasta in thyme flavored water and began sautéing the onion, garlic, and pimiento in a skillet. I added the broccoli and then the chicken and then the herbs, plus 1/4 cup of white wine and 1 T. of capers and a handful of shredded Monterrey jack cheese and grated fresh pecorino-Romano cheese.
Willy arrived at 6:00 and helped Suzette move her sewing equipment and table out of the basement.
I completed dinner as they finished moving furniture and we sat down for dinner with glasses of La Granja Viura and Verdejo grape blend Spanish white wine.
We talked until 7:30 when Suzette packed some enchiladas and beans for him to take home. Willy left and we watched the last 1/2 of Patience and Grantchester and then went to bed at 9:00.
Bon Appetit





No comments:
Post a Comment