Tuesday, July 28, 2026

July 28, 2026 Breakfast - Pain au Chocolate and bagel with Cheese Lunch - Tabouli Salad Dinner - Enchiladas with Pinto beans

July 28, 2026 Breakfast - Pain au Chocolate and bagel with Cheese Lunch - Tabouli Salad  Dinner - Enchiladas with Pinto beans


At 2:30 this morning I spoke to Mr. Dixit at an Indian bank that has agreed to help me dematerialized my Indian bank shares. It now appears that the path to dematerialized shares is open, which is great news.


In the morning I started to make Gravad lax but the Gravad lax was getting too old and scummy to eat so after I toasted two slices of bagel and spread them with cream cheese and slices of red onion and sliced the salmon, I decided to abort and threw away the old lax and, instead, ate a pain au chocolate with a cup of chai and then put slices of Iberico cheese on the bagel and ate the bagel with cheese with another cup of chai.



I then worked on my 2025 taxes until noon when I used the remaining two cups of tabouli to make a tabouli salad with fresh lettuce from the garden Suzette picked yesterday, plus 1/2 of a tomato. On my salad I added Kalamata olives and a few thin slices of red onion. I drizzled both salads with fresh lemon juice and olive oil and we each toasted a slice of French Country bread for a lovely low calorie lunch.



After another down day in the market during which I sold 100 shares of Nvidia while it was up a bit at $197.57.


Then in the afternoon I got a new case from an old client and also called the court for one of my cases and asked if the case would be dismissed after no activity for almost 2 years.


After a flurry of calls and emails I stopped work a few minutes after 4:00 to watch the news.


At 5:00 we heated the pinto beans Suzette cooked yesterday and reheated squares of the chicken and mushroom enchiladas we made on Sunday.


Suzette fetched beers and we ate a lovely dinner.



After dinner we made chocolate chip cookies with about a cup of minced chocolate mint Suzette picked in the garden.  This is the first time we have added minced chocolate mint to chocolate chip cookies. We both thought it created a subtle mint flavor without that awful candy mint flavor.


We finished baking the cookies at 7:00 just in time to watch Finding Your Roots. After that we watched a Netflix movie titled “People You Meet on Vacation” and went to bed at 10:00.


Suzette is back on her diet and hit her goal for the day, without going over.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment