Monday, July 27, 2026

July 27, 2026 Breakfast - Granola Lunch - Pickled Herring Sandwiches. Dinner - Sautéed Smoked Pork cutlet with Rancho Gordo Pinto Beans and Calabacitas

July 27, 2026 Breakfast - Granola  Lunch - Pickled Herring Sandwiches. Dinner - Sautéed Smoked Pork cutlet with Rancho Gordo Pinto Beans and Calabacitas


Today I woke up at 3:30 and went back to sleep after a cup of chai at 4:30 and slept until 9:15.


It was a dreamy day spent mostly reading Sense and Sensibility, which I finished in the evening.  I loved Austen’s syntax and insight into the workings of the human mind as it manifested in civil society of 1811.


I wanted to have a solid breakfast that would stick with me for the day, so I ate granola with milk, blueberries, and plain yogurt again today at around 10:00.


Then I checked the mail and worked at my desk until 12:00 when Suzette came home. I toasted two slices of French country style bread and spread them with sour cream and garnished them with pickled herring and slices of onion for a quick lunch.


Then I drove Suzette to Kaseman for a procedure. We returned home at 3:30 and while she rested until 4:30 I read.


She had not eaten so she sautéed two Hormel smoked pork cutlets and heated the Rancho Gordo pinto beans she cooked yesterday with chorizo, carrots, and onion.


I heated the leftover Calabacitas and we ate an interesting quick dinner.


I drank an apple cider and Suzette drank water.


Later I ate some milk chocolate with a sip of Calvados as we watched the Antiques Roadshow.


We went to bed at 9:00.


It was a dreamy day spent mostly reading.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment