July 23, 2026 Breakfast - Fried Rice and Egg Foo Young Scramble. Lunch - Mary and Tito’s. Dinner - Sashimi and Sushi rice
The two big events today were a major breakthrough in dematerializing my Indian bank shares and a major meltdown in the market. Also, I transferred my brokerage accounts from Wells Fargo Advisors to Schwab.
For breakfast I scrambled the leftover fried rice with pork and the shrimp omelet.
Then I had a long conversation with Mehdi and helped Frank with a corporate matter and watched Stage 18 of the Tour which the Ecuadorean Carapaz won on a 5 km. breakaway at the end of the stage.
At 1:30 I drove to Mary and Tito’s and ordered beef enchiladas, but could only eat 1/2 of them because I had eaten so much for breakfast. The flower arrangement on the table was lovely.
When I returned home I called Tim and he helped me move my Wells accounts to Schwab.
I then responded to the request for information from India and obtained the final construction agreements from Rahim.
Finally, at 5:30 I joined Suzette in front of the TV, who said she had not eaten lunch and was hungry, so I started preparing dinner.
Dinner - I made a cup of sushi rice that is regular rice plus a tsp. of dehydrated dashi, and 2 T. each of rice vinegar and sugar plus a dash of mirin.
Then I sliced 1/2 lb. each of Aji tuna and salmon plus five small sea scallops. In the morning I had peeled and sliced the daikon I bought at Smith’s and pickled 1/2 in the sweet pickled ginger bottle with an addition of mirin and the other half in the jar of saltierJapanese pickles.
For dinner I filled one bowl with pickled daikon and another with pickled ginger. I also filled dipping bowls with soy sauce and fetched wasabi.
When the rice was ready I filled two rice bowls, made green tea, and Suzette fetched a beer.
We ate a lot of fish. The tuna steak had been cryovaced and was really particularly fresh.
After dinner we watched Midsomer Murders and at 99:30 Suzette went to bed.
I stayed up to watch a terrific episode of George Gently until 11:00 and then went to bed.
Bon Appetit






No comments:
Post a Comment