Thursday, November 11, 2021

November 11, 2021 Lunch - Chicken Curry with Rice. Dinner - Chicken and Penne, Primavera

 November 11,  2021 Lunch  - Chicken Curry with Rice. Dinner - Chicken and Penne, Primavera 


This turned into a busy day.  I got a call from Shahin in the morning to meet at 1:00 and May Lou needed two documents for execution by 3:30.


At 9:00 I made three small open faced sandwiches of cream cheese spread on toasted slices of French baguette and garnished with slices of onion and Gravad lax and capers.



I drafted the documents by 12:00 and sent them to each person.


Then I had my 1:00 meeting, which lasted only 30 minutes.


Then I tried to pay the insurance premium on the Candy store, which became a nightmare that lasted until 2:30.


I reheated a bowl of chicken curry and rice for lunch and then checked my portfolio. I was happy to discover that the market turned slightly positive today, with my portfolio up .3%.


I did a deed or two and then rested 30 minutes until my 3:30, that finished at 4:30.


I watched the news and then meditated from 5:00 to 5:30, although Suzette had arrived at 4:55.


Dinner 


After meditation we started cooking.  The menu was Chicken With Vegetables and the leftover spaghetti sauce over PPI Penne.


I diced 1/4 onion, 1/4 green bell pepper, 1/2 red bell pepper, and 3 cloves of garlic, which Suzette sautéed in a pot.


I then diced the last three tomatoes from our garden, a small zucchini, and  a dozen asparagus, which Suzette added to the pot and sautéed them.



I cubed a wedge of brie into small cubes that zsuzette placed on the bottom of two pasta bowls.


Suzette then cubed the cooked chicken breast and added it and then when all the vegetables were cooked, she added the PPI spaghetti sauce.


I opened a bottle of Pinot Grigio and chopped some Italian parsley, and grated about 2/3 cup of Pecorino-Romano cheese to garnish the bowls.


Suzette reheated the cooked penne in the microwave and divided it between the two bowls and covered the pasta with the chicken and vegetable sauce.



The dinner was particularly delicious since the brie melted and combined with the spaghetti sauce to form a rich creamy spaghetti sauce, very unique and delicious.


We drank extra glasses of wine and later while we watched Midsomer Mystery a glass of Calvados with squares of milk chocolate with almonds for me and cookies and a glass of cognac for Suzette.


At 9:30 Suzette went to bed and I made a cup of chai and blogged.


The moral for Today’s meal is that if you can create a great hot flavorful meal with PPIs without cooking much.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment