Sunday, November 7, 2021

November 7, 2021 Brunch - Eggs and Bacon with Country Fried Potatoes and Toast. Dinner - PPI Curry and Rice

November 7, 2021 Brunch - Eggs and Bacon with Country Fried Potatoes and Toast. Dinner - PPI Curry and Rice 


I have been feeling stronger lately although I may have pushed it a bit too far today. 


I woke up in time to see Fareed Zacharia and some of the Tottenham match.  


Then Willy came over we watched the Liverpool v. West Hampton match that West Ham won. While we watched we separated heads of garlic into single cloves of garlic.


Willy showed me that he was ranked 519 in the US among the approximately 1,000,000 players of fantasy PL soccer.  I told him I had no doubt he will be successful in the stock market.


While we watched the match Suzette made a fabulous breakfast of bacon and eggs with Country Fried Potatoes and slices of toasted French baguette.





Suzette then and worked in the garden while Willy and I watched the last 30 minutes of the match.


We then joined her in the garden and helped her plant the individual cloves of garlic 4 inches apart in one of the raised beds.


We then picked herbs, most of the thyme, one of the bushes of tarragon, and some of the leaves from the basil.


Everything is still growing and it was sunny and 73 degrees.


After Willy left I lay down and read and napped and watched Denver beat Dallas in NFL football until 2:00 when Suzette and I walked around the lake in the bosque, about 1.2 miles.  I was tired when we returned and a bit hungry so I made two small open faced sandwiches, one with cured ham and Jarlsberg cheese and the other with salami and Jarlsberg cheese.


I then lay down and watched the late games, mostly Los Angeles beat Philadelphia.


Today was a long day because it was an extra hour as the first day without Daylight Savings Time.


So at 5:00 I drove to El Super and shopped to mostly produce: limes, lemons, onions, a Pasilla Chile, zucchini, cilantro, radishes, green onions, a cantaloupe, broccoli, a head of cauliflower, mangos, a pineapple, a  papaya, oranges, and Fuji apples plus cookies, bananas, eggs, and a can of Refried black beans.


When I got home Suzette helped me unload and then she re-heated the chicken curry and rice and I chopped peanuts and fetched the shredded coconut, the Major Grey Chutney, and 5 vegetable pickles.



We had a lovely dinner with a can of beer and then watched Grantchester, after which Suzette went to bed and I made a cup of chai and ate three of the new Tru Blu cookies.


I then blogged this blog and went to bed at 10:00.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment