Wednesday, November 10, 2021

 November 10, 2021 Lunch - Salami Salad. Dinner - PPI Chicken Pot Pie 


The big financial news today was that annualized inflation had risen to 6.2%.


The announcement sent the Market into a downward tail spin of 250 points.


My portfolio suffered a drop of 1.6% after an .875% drop yesterday.


The futures look up but a fair amount of damage has been done.


I am guessing that my estimate of a 20% gain this year is still reasonable, which is more than I ever earned any year as a lawyer.


I ate granola with chunks of cantaloupe, milk, and yogurt for breakfast at 9:30.


I got hungry at 11:30 so I made a large salad with green leaf lettuce, slices of cucumber, radish, and salami and chunks of tomato and avocado and a few olives.  It was delicious.




Then at 1:00 I walked 2/3 mile.


When I returned home I took a call and then got the bad news on the market.  I was tired so I napped from 2:30 to 3:30.


At 4:00 I drove to the Bike Coop and got my pump repaired, probably with the last pump repair kit in Albuquerque.


I then drove through 5:00 traffic to the Total Wine store at Cottonwood Mall  to buy two bottles of Berneroy XO Calvados for me, a bottle of scotch for Suzette, and six bottles of French wine at a 30% discount.  I bought two good bottles, an H and H Chateauneuf du Pape, and a Gigondas, plus four cheap Roses.  It was dark when I left the store at 5:40 and driving home in solid rush hour traffic was a little unnerving but I made it home without incident.



We decided to heat up the remaining Chicken Pot Pie and Ed’s pita bread wedges for dinner.




I fetched a bottle of Picton Bay New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc from the garage.  I did not care for it with the chicken noodle soup, but Suzette did, so she got to finish my glass of wine.


Later I fetched a bowl of pistachio almond ice cream for dessert.



Suzette went to bed at 9:30 and I stayed up to write this blog with a cup of chai and a couple of cookies.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment