Tuesday, September 21, 2021

September 21, 2021 Lunch - Red Cabbage and Bratwursts. Dinner - Mixed Vegetables with PPI Grilled Salmon

September 21, 2021 Lunch - Red Cabbage and Bratwursts. Dinner - Mixed Vegetables with PPI Grilled Salmon 


I awakened around 8:00 and started the day watching President Biden’s address to the UN. It was a good speech with lots of substance.  I particularly liked his commitment by the US to help effect a two state solution for Israel and Palestine.  Then I walked 2/3 mile and did not eat until 11:30 so I was weaker than usual today, especially since I drove to the bank and then walked to the courthouse two times, especially since lunch was reheated Red Cabbage and bratwurst.



Rahim came over at 4:00 and helped organize the packages of documents needed to be sent to the Consulate General of India to obtain attestations to our Power of Attorneys to sell shares of stock we own in the Indian Bank’s public offering.


Suzette came home at 5:15 and I started cooking dinner at 5:45.  I wanted to cook mixed vegetables and deep fried tofu but the tofu had spoiled, so we decided to add the PPI grilled salmon from Sunday’s dinner.


I destemmed a handful of snow peas, sliced 1/2 onion, three cloves of garlic, about 1 oz. of ginger, about five flowerets of broccoli, 1/2 of a crook neck squash, two baby bok choy, a small can of water chestnuts, about 2 oz. of brown beech mushrooms, and kernels from 1 ear of corn.


I stir fried the firm ingredients first covered and then the green bok Choy leaves mushrooms, water chestnuts. After a few minutes I added about 1/2 cup of chicken stock and mixed a seasoning sauce of 2 cup#s of chicken stock, 1/2 tsp. of salt, 1 T. each of soy and Chinese cooking wine, and 2 T. of cornstarch. 


Suzette soaked a handful of Vietnamese flat rice noodles in warm water to soften them and to help separate the noodles.


After a few minutes of cooking all the vegetable ingredients together, I added the noodles and 1/2 of the seasoning sauce and stir fried the entire mixture and covered it to cook a couple more minutes. When the liquid thickened. Into a sauce we were ready to eat.  Here is a picture of the wok and my plate after we ate.



 

I ate a couple of cookies and lay down while Suzette watched the movie “Guernsey” about Nazi occupation of Guernsey.”


The market started a rather anemic recovery today that turned into a loss for the Dow and S & P by the end of the day.  My portfolio was up a mere .3%.


It is time for some positive economic magic rather than the collapse of one of China’s largest real estate firms. 


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment